Digital Crown Potential Problem

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by liberated, Dec 21, 2014.

1. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

As I anxiously wait for apple watch to be released I keep thinking of this click wheel/digital crown. I wear various watches and during my field work I often bump and get the crown pulled accidentally while handling equipment etc. being like the digital crown is also a home button, do you think Apple will implement some sort or locking mechanism to prevent accidental "butt dial" sorta speak?

2. Tru7h__07

Tru7h__07 New Member

Huh. This is a really great point that I haven't thought of. Now that I think about it, especially when my left hand is rolled back toward my watch, it does push into what would be the digital crown. I really hope they have a way to fix that other than just putting it up farther on your wrist. Great post!

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Thanks! Yes I bet there will be a way to disable the crown or at least to disable until the screen is unlocked.

4. Tru7h__07

Tru7h__07 New Member

Perhaps since the watch only illuminates whenever you raise your wrist, it won't do anything because you won't be trying to look at it.(Granted that that feature will work well, which I personally think it will)