Digital Crown Potential Problem

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
As I anxiously wait for apple watch to be released I keep thinking of this click wheel/digital crown. I wear various watches and during my field work I often bump and get the crown pulled accidentally while handling equipment etc. being like the digital crown is also a home button, do you think Apple will implement some sort or locking mechanism to prevent accidental "butt dial" sorta speak?

Tru7h__07

Dec 26, 2014
Tennessee, USA
Huh. This is a really great point that I haven't thought of. Now that I think about it, especially when my left hand is rolled back toward my watch, it does push into what would be the digital crown. I really hope they have a way to fix that other than just putting it up farther on your wrist. Great post!

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Huh. This is a really great point that I haven't thought of. Now that I think about it, especially when my left hand is rolled back toward my watch, it does push into what would be the digital crown. I really hope they have a way to fix that other than just putting it up farther on your wrist. Great post!
Thanks! Yes I bet there will be a way to disable the crown or at least to disable until the screen is unlocked.

Tru7h__07

Dec 26, 2014
Tennessee, USA
Thanks! Yes I bet there will be a way to disable the crown or at least to disable until the screen is unlocked.
Perhaps since the watch only illuminates whenever you raise your wrist, it won't do anything because you won't be trying to look at it.(Granted that that feature will work well, which I personally think it will)