Digital movie copy?

radtechy

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
If you buy a DVD or a blu ray disc that includes a digital copy is the format iPhone/iPod format friendly?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yes.

Just make sure it's a regular digital copy and not UltraViolet.

radtechy

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
Thanks.

I will stay away from the UV copy.

Looking to pick up "Ted" I saw on tv it has a digital copy. I can't even remember the last time I bought a DVD

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe

applejosh

Bronze
Oct 15, 2009
Unfortunately, most of the combo packs I've picked up lately were the UV format. Still manage to find a few that have iTunes codes, but they are becoming scarce.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Unfortunately, most of the combo packs I've picked up lately were the UV format. Still manage to find a few that have iTunes codes, but they are becoming scarce.
I'm glad that hasn't been my experience since UltraViolet is worthless. I've only bought one that was UV-only, which was The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Everything else I have bought has had a just a digital copy or a digital copy and UV, like this one I bought yesterday:

image.jpg

Parana6

Dec 25, 2012
South River, New Jersey
I too have bought one with ultraviolet and its worthless. I would buy it on iTunes like I did with batman because it was ultraviolet

Sent using iCafe app

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Agreed UV and Flixster ones are terrible. I want\like the old school actual DVD Digital Copy with a code to 'run' it in iTunes, etc.

Sent using iCafe app

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Agreed UV and Flixster ones are terrible. I want\like the old school actual DVD Digital Copy with a code to 'run' it in iTunes, etc.

Sent using iCafe app
I absolutely agree, hands down 2 of the worse companies that you could possibly deal with for a digital copy. iTunes is definitely the way to go. I added 3 movies to my UV/Flixster account and to no surprise only 1 movie worked. When I try to enter the code again it said the code has already been used. Time to buy all my movies from iTunes.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I tried Amazon Instant Video today. Rather impressive; we watched Taken 2

Sent using iCafe app