Digital touch drawing 'sent from' incorrect?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Franknjan

Apr 5, 2011
I tried to send a drawing to my wife's watch and it worked but said it was from my daughters phone. My daughter does not have a watch. So when my wife replied with her heartbeat I received it but it was also listed as from my daughters phone. I tried deleting my daughters contact info, restarting everything, and turning off iCloud. Nothing has resolved this glitch. I think I discovered the new #gate.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I sent a digital touch pic to a friend and when she replied it came from another number - her husband's, I think. Does your family use a shared iTunes/Apple ID?

Franknjan

Apr 5, 2011
Yes there are my 4 kids and my wife and I sharing 1 iTunes account! It's pretty crazy but we have it running smooth except for this watch issue but since we are the only 2 with watches (for now) I know if it's a digital touch message who it really came from. Phone calls and messages say they are from my wife so it's a glitch with the digital touch I think.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
Check the iCloud/iTunes account and see whose name is listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Aren't "gate" problems typically hardware-related? Minor software problems can easily be fixed with an update or a workaround can be used. Family sharing is a better option than sharing an Apple ID due to several problems associated with sharing an account.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
No "Gate" problems are problems Nixon had in the 70's. The rest are wannabes. Gate is so way overused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No "Gate" problems are problems Nixon had in the 70's. The rest are wannabes. Gate is so way overused.
Yeah, I know where it originated and I think its usage in regards to iPhone problems is as lame as you do. My point was just that this problem isn't big enough to become one.