Direct Connection Car CD Players

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ARGuck

Sep 17, 2007
Many of todays Car Audio Systems have the option to directly connect your iPod to the stereo and the Head Unit will display all iPod information directly on the display. My Pioneer DEH-P6900UB is one of those but it doesn't work with the iPhone. I can and do use the auxiliary jack on my system to still play music but it's just not the same as being able to run though everything directly on my stereo. Is anyone else having any good luck or bad luck with their iPhone car stereo set-up? What brands have you found that work? Which ones do not? I'd kinda like to make a list of which car iPod Stereos are iPhone compatible.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Many of todays Car Audio Systems have the option to directly connect your iPod to the stereo and the Head Unit will display all iPod information directly on the display. My Pioneer DEH-P6900UB is one of those but it doesn't work with the iPhone. I can and do use the auxiliary jack on my system to still play music but it's just not the same as being able to run though everything directly on my stereo. Is anyone else having any good luck or bad luck with their iPhone car stereo set-up? What brands have you found that work? Which ones do not? I'd kinda like to make a list of which car iPod Stereos are iPhone compatible.
I have a pioneer AVIC-Z1 and my iPhone works with it. I have control of the iPod but there is no video. The iPhone is also connect to the HU via bluetooth so the music fades out when I get a call.

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
I have a pioneer AVIC-Z1 and my iPhone works with it. I have control of the iPod but there is no video. The iPhone is also connect to the HU via bluetooth so the music fades out when I get a call.
OMF i have the same unit in my EVO. I just got it a couple weeks ago from a member on a local forum. I haven't hooked it up yet since i need to get a kit to make my car double din.

How do you like it? So no controls for the iPhone?

So the iPhone gets connected to the unit, but then the iPhone connects bluetooth to the unit for Incoming/outgoing calls?

I cant wait to get it installed. I also got the bluetooth adaptor, the steering wheel control, Sirius2 adaptor, and the backup camera setup