Direct fulfillment order status (help)

drsfinest72

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
hey im new to the forums. and i must say this forum is cool. but my question is that i did direct fulfillment on friday. and i check my status on their website. when i did. i notice that theres two items? when i only ordered one iPhone. and was charged for one item. now my question is. does anybody know what does FRT mean?

it shows FRT as item number 1. and item number two as iPhone.

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
If you did priority shipping, that's what it's referring to. I have the same thing on mine and I did pay 14.95 for the 3-5 days as opposed to the 7-10 standard/free shipping.

drsfinest72

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
FRT = Freight charge

so by having that on my order status mean i got priority, thereforee getting my iPhone later than people who has standard shipping? (sorry for all the questions)

because i did not pay for no priority shipping. my total was 215.79.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
so by having that on my order status mean i got priority, thereforee getting my iPhone later than people who has standard shipping? (sorry for all the questions)

because i did not pay for no priority shipping. my total was 215.79.
FRT is on there whether you got priority or regular shipping. Priority = you pay extra for faster shipping. Normal shipping = AT&T pays for it so it's free for you.

jensue1

Jul 13, 2008
Mine says the same thing except under FRT is says backordered and under iPhone it doesn't. Did they run out of boxes? ugh!

drsfinest72

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Mine says the same thing except under FRT is says backordered and under iPhone it doesn't. Did they run out of boxes? ugh!
i called the store where i did the DF and they said i cant cancel it. that i'll have to wait for it to ship then i can give in the phone for a refund.

this sucks. its backordered. thereforee it hasn't shipped. and thereforee theres still time to cancel it. i just don't get whats the big deal.

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
I'm confused as of right now. I checked my bank balance this morning and saw that the 332 that was being held for the iPhone 3g and the priority shipping had been put back into my account. I check my email and receive a message saying, "Thank you for your recent order, we value and appreciate your businesss. Please be advised that one or more items in your order are currently out of stock and on backorder. We are working hard to fulfill your order as quickly as possible. The estimated shipping timeframe for each item is listed below. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you and we appreciate your patience."

It says "2-3 Days" in the "Usually Ships In" Column. I don't understand what's going on. Does anyone know if a direct fulfillment can be canceled?

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
i called the store where i did the DF and they said i cant cancel it. that i'll have to wait for it to ship then i can give in the phone for a refund.

this sucks. its backordered. thereforee it hasn't shipped. and thereforee theres still time to cancel it. i just don't get whats the big deal.
I posted right as you did. This is REALLY lame. I'm beyond fed up with the service or lack thereof I've been receiving from At&t.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
I'm confused as of right now. I checked my bank balance this morning and saw that the 332 that was being held for the iPhone 3g and the priority shipping had been put back into my account. I check my email and receive a message saying, "Thank you for your recent order, we value and appreciate your businesss. Please be advised that one or more items in your order are currently out of stock and on backorder. We are working hard to fulfill your order as quickly as possible. The estimated shipping timeframe for each item is listed below. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you and we appreciate your patience."

It says "2-3 Days" in the "Usually Ships In" Column. I don't understand what's going on. Does anyone know if a direct fulfillment can be canceled?
its just saying that the iPhone 3g is out of stock at the moment, witch you already know because thats the only reason you got the direct fulfillment, i don't know if it can be canceled tho

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
this is so dumb. because the Apple store has had stocks since the launch.
Agreed. The nearest Apple for me is over an hour away and I gladly would have drove that far had I been able to purchase one there. I have a corporate discount and At&t are the only ones capable of taking care of me. Needless to say, they're not doing so (in my opinion).

drsfinest72

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Agreed. The nearest Apple for me is over an hour away and I gladly would have drove that far had I been able to purchase one there. I have a corporate discount and At&t are the only ones capable of taking care of me. Needless to say, they're not doing so (in my opinion).
have you tried canceling your DF?

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
have you tried canceling your DF?
I have not. I figured it was a no-go. The main thing I'm confused about is why they put the money back in my account despite the order still being processed. I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to be a lot longer before I receive my device than what the At&t rep quoted.

drsfinest72

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
I have not. I figured it was a no-go. The main thing I'm confused about is why they put the money back in my account despite the order still being processed. I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to be a lot longer before I receive my device than what the At&t rep quoted.
they are so unorganized. because i was told that they wont take away the money from my account until they ship the unit. but apparently they took it off right after i left the store.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I haven't received an email yet to notify of back order. However, when I was processing my DF at the AT&T store, I had 2 lines & wanted to get the 8gb for my second line. The guy told me that the warehouse just ran out of the 8gb's. So I just told him to change it to a white 16gb which he didn't indicate was out of stock at the warehouse. So I'm gonna cross my fingers & hope I get a call early this week that 2 white 16gb iPhones have arrived.

jensue1

Jul 13, 2008
I've been refreshing my order status all day and just a few minutes ago it finally showed as my iPhone being backordered. After being assured that it would be here is 3-5 days and then 7-10 days, now it looks like I will be waiting any longer. What a mess AT&T and Apple have made once again.

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
Hi, I also had DF after lined up and they never told anyone they were already out of iPhones until I FINALLY got in... (even though people kept asking the stuff if they have enough, all they said is "i don't know" such a bull crap)

Anyhow, I asked the dude who was taking my order, if he is going to tell people waiting in line that there is no more phones left, and his answered was uncer Apple's policy they are not allowed to say.... what a BS!

Anyway, one of my friend called me up later that night (friday 11th), and told me he got his iPhone at the different location at Apple store, and told me they still have plenty left.

I was too busy that night so didn't bother to go, however, went to the Apple store next morning 11ish with my other friends, line up (only for maybe an hour and so), explained to the stuff that I've already oredered it yesterday, if I can cancel it then get one at this location.

They could not give me straight answer since my order was through AT&T instead of Apple store.
However, what they tried for me was.. went ahead and run through the eligibility of upgrade price ($299 for 16G), and since it went through with any problem, I purchased my iPhone there.

They told me simply just go back to the store where I made my DF order and cancel it.

At that point, I was already thinking, I've got my iPhone, and if they won't cancel my iPhone, I could just dispute it.

Went back to the ATT store, told them I want to cancel it, and they just did it right then.

I have been checking on my credit card to make sure if the charge has been through or not, and so far it hasn't.

I believe it's been cancel.

I read several people said ATT told them they can't cancel it.. and I did it, so should you guys do, too!

Jstick

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
I've been refreshing my order status all day and just a few minutes ago it finally showed as my iPhone being backordered. After being assured that it would be here is 3-5 days and then 7-10 days, now it looks like I will be waiting any longer. What a mess AT&T and Apple have made once again.
hey, i am in the same boat, but i may have good news. i am just making a guess and ppl can tell me if i am way off, but my page just refreshed and now says "ordered" for freight and phone just like yours, but i noticed in the top left it is showing the order date to be the day i was in the store...so my point of this whole thing is maybe the system is delayed like most tracking systems and the "ordered" status really occurred on the 11th.....:p just maybe