Direct fulfillment order status (help)

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
My roommate works for FedEx. He was telling me tonight, he came across an issue with one of the stations (I think in IL). AT&T apparently messed up a batch of packages going to one of their stores. They didn't put the store name or suite number ok the package. It only had the customer's name on it. (this was going to a store in a mall) so they started calling the customers and told them they could come down & pick up their package. So he got a call from a manager at AT&T's call center wanting to know why the customers picking up their phones.

So he had to call that lcation and tell the agents there not to release any more pkgs. I was thinking how lucky this ppl who picked them up were. I guess I'll hear what's happened with the rest of this packages or if any place else had a similar problem.

awesker3

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
Just to give everyone an update, my phone does not show back-ordered status, but this is probably another false alarm.

I look to have an 3G iPhone once Apple releases the 4G iPhone this time next year.

I ordered first day; Friday July 11th.

Theutus

Jul 13, 2008
Just to give everyone an update, my phone does not show back-ordered status, but this is probably another false alarm.

I look to have an 3G iPhone once Apple releases the 4G iPhone this time next year.

I ordered first day; Friday July 11th.
I think everyone in that distribution center gets unchecked as a backorder when they get a shipment.... Then it gets disbursed and everyone who didn't get one gets put back on backorder.....

Pretty stupid process.

yuntanman

Jan 4, 2008
Apple loves to play these games and give AT&T stores an incremental amount of iPhones while the Apple stores get TONS, Apple has AT&T on a tight collar.

Jstick

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
iPhone being delivered today.

Ordered 430pm on 7/11. 8GB Black.

TX to Framingham, MA shipping.

k3n85

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
Mine went from not-back ordered to backordered again ... orders in front of mine didn't :\ (16 gb white). Still a couple orders from 7/11 getting filled. Seems like they're only completiing 3 orders a day for my Brookfield, WI store :(

Jstick

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Mine went from not-back ordered to backordered again ... orders in front of mine didn't :\ (16 gb white). Still a couple orders from 7/11 getting filled. Seems like they're only completiing 3 orders a day for my Brookfield, WI store :(
well the backordered stuff doesn't really mean much, from my experience and what i have read you will see your phone in "shipped" status on the morning of the arrival date.....sorry bro

if anyone else had a different experience, feel free to correct me.

k3n85

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
On the tracking page my weight when down to 2 lbs :p I pretty sure the 3 lbs was just a mistake.
Always seems like 2-3 lbs.... whats the box weight of 1 phone ... lets get some division on here :) 3 lbs / 1 iPhone = how many orders come in a box right?

I do think that their tracking / order status / lack of info is making my hair a little more gray.

Tytanius

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Philly, PA
Well there is only one iPhone per box on DF orders. But I didn't really expect 2 iPhones.

Sucks I am not home to get the call of the iPhone being delivered so I am watching FedEx's tracker to see when it says shipped.

ScottNWDW

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
After I saw that mine was backordered on Monday, after the AT&T rep told me on launch day that I would have it no later than Monday, I went in and cancelled my order and had the FAN number taken off the account. I then went to the Apple store at the mall down the street and waited 3 hours in line and got the phone on Monday Night. The AT&T store said that the FAN number might not be off in time because it could take up to 4 hours, but when Apple tried it it went through just fine. So all in all, Ihad my iPhone by the time I got home from work on Monday night.

Tytanius

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Philly, PA
After I saw that mine was backordered on Monday, after the AT&T rep told me on launch day that I would have it no later than Monday, I went in and cancelled my order and had the FAN number taken off the account. I then went to the Apple store at the mall down the street and waited 3 hours in line and got the phone on Monday Night. The AT&T store said that the FAN number might not be off in time because it could take up to 4 hours, but when Apple tried it it went through just fine. So all in all, Ihad my iPhone by the time I got home from work on Monday night.
I really don't see the big deal of waiting a few days. I live right in the center of three Apple Stores and they are all 30-45 minutes away. I would rather wait the 5 days I had too wait even if the suspense is killing me.

k3n85

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
Agreed to the extent that I reaaaally need a new phone regardless of the iPhone part, but it's killin me. RAZR is on it's last leg and much needed upgrade. But yes between Friday and Saturday, I'm sick of lines .. not even a rollar coaster at the end.

I'll wait my turn ;)

EEZ123

Sep 6, 2007
well the backordered stuff doesn't really mean much, from my experience and what i have read you will see your phone in "shipped" status on the morning of the arrival date.....sorry bro

I went in to my att store and they confirmed that as well.

Ed

theloveshack26

Jul 14, 2008

wait... so it won't change status as "Shipped" until the same day it's delivered?

if so, FREAKIN' SWEET! i thought i had even ANOTHER day of wait ahead of me

if not, darn.

funkeruski

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Is is possible to cancel a DF order? I went by ATT and tried to cancel mine yesterday. They told me I would have to return it once it comes in. The ATT return policy says no returns on Apple products. What happens if I just don't go pick it up when it arrives. Do they still charge my credit card?