Direct fulfillment order status (help)

Tytanius

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Philly, PA
I got it, though they were a little confused since no one had called me that it had arrived. All went well and I am loving this sexy white iPhone!

luvit!

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Got Mine!

I received a e-mail that my phone had been shipped! went and checked and it was sent over nite.(didn't pay for overnight) Received call from ATT to let me know that the phone had been delivered. Picked it UP! All is good in and out in less than 20min. This is my time line:
7/11/08@12:00 went to ATT, out of phones, ordered a 16g. white
7/14/08 received email that phone had been shipped.
7/15/08 looked up tracking and said it would be delivered by 3pm.
(I live 1.5hours away) headed to ATT store, as I was walking through the door, ATT was calling my cell to let me know that my phone was in@2pm.
By 2:20 was headed out the door with new phone in hand. Excellent care and service! I also heard that the black could be backordered as long as 14 to 21 days. Not sure, just what they said. New to the thread and I love it. Thanks

brittt1

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Is is possible to cancel a DF order? I went by ATT and tried to cancel mine yesterday. They told me I would have to return it once it comes in. The ATT return policy says no returns on Apple products. What happens if I just don't go pick it up when it arrives. Do they still charge my credit card?

No they wont charge you if you don't pick up in 7 days...

I picked up my DF last night, ordered 3pm Friday (white) he told me 3-5 bus days prob...Came in yesterday , took 10 mins to activate and its fully working...3G is great and GPS works flawlessly for me. I do have a brighter area in the bottom rigth corner of the screen but ill wait a few weeks and stop by Apple.. all in all the DF process was flawless to me...

k3n85

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
Is is possible to cancel a DF order? I went by ATT and tried to cancel mine yesterday. They told me I would have to return it once it comes in. The ATT return policy says no returns on Apple products. What happens if I just don't go pick it up when it arrives. Do they still charge my credit card?
They shouldn't be charging your card until shipped/received anyways but they says there is restocking fee (if opened) when I ordered mine. You should be able to get out of this because you can cancel the DF if you pick one up early.

As for waiting ... ordered on 7/12 ... still praying I get one before the weekend (fingers crossed for a 16GB white too)

Theutus

Jul 13, 2008
They shouldn't be charging your card until shipped/received anyways but they says there is restocking fee (if opened) when I ordered mine. You should be able to get out of this because you can cancel the DF if you pick one up early.

As for waiting ... ordered on 7/12 ... still praying I get one before the weekend (fingers crossed for a 16GB white too)
I went to try to cancel my DF, and ATT was so busy i couldn't wait there long enough to do it..... I'm gonna go again today, seeing as my phone is still back ordered and I placed my order Friday morning. :mad:

jensue1

Jul 13, 2008
Got it! The FedEx delivery scanned in as 1:36 and the store called me at 1:40. I have an awesome store and a sweet rep. WOO! :)

drsfinest72

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
best part of all. i get 25% discount on my plan every month for corporate discount. god i love working for UPS

nkcaump

Jul 16, 2008
AT&T General Question

Okay... my addiction to this thread is unhealthy. No. Mine is still backordered and I ordered my 16 GB white on Saturday around noon. Kansas City, Missouri area.

Quick question about AT&T in general since I'll be new. We're moving from T-Mobile and we're bringing my line (the iPhone) and my wife's line. We'll need the family plan and yadda yadda. My question is... will my wife be eligible for a free phone or discounted phone or can I expect to pay $200 for a new phone for my wife as "gratitidue" for moving my businesss to AT&T?

I didn't really factor that into my budgeting when I decided to move... but it is what it is, I guess...

BTW - To the person who said their AT&T store is awesome and their Rep is great. YOU ARE LUCKY. I've talked to an endless string of drugged out flunkies at my AT&T store and have asked the same question and gotten different answers each time. (Most say they don't know how to look up my order status because they just don't' know. Well hell....)

Any help would be appreciated. Congratz to all of you with your phones! Can't wait for mine!

Mrsmaris

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
Okay... my addiction to this thread is unhealthy. No. Mine is still backordered and I ordered my 16 GB white on Saturday around noon. Kansas City, Missouri area.

Quick question about AT&T in general since I'll be new. We're moving from T-Mobile and we're bringing my line (the iPhone) and my wife's line. We'll need the family plan and yadda yadda. My question is... will my wife be eligible for a free phone or discounted phone or can I expect to pay $200 for a new phone for my wife as "gratitidue" for moving my businesss to AT&T?

I didn't really factor that into my budgeting when I decided to move... but it is what it is, I guess...

BTW - To the person who said their AT&T store is awesome and their Rep is great. YOU ARE LUCKY. I've talked to an endless string of drugged out flunkies at my AT&T store and have asked the same question and gotten different answers each time. (Most say they don't know how to look up my order status because they just don't' know. Well hell....)

Any help would be appreciated. Congratz to all of you with your phones! Can't wait for mine!
what kansas city store did you buy from? I got from 119th AT&T. just ordered mine yesterday. I hope hope hope they got on top of this and get us our phones pronto.

also I too am coming on from tmobile. Got my stupid sidekick lx next to me with a broken button until I get my new iPhone. but when you are FIRST coming to AT&T you can sign a contract and you ARE eligible for upgrade :)

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
So, my freight and iPhone both left "back ordered" status at some point this morning. That status remained unchanged until just a bit ago. Now the freight (but not the iPhone) is backordered. I remember seeing a post about this earlier in the thread but this thread is quite an entity now so I thought it would be easiest just to ask for clarification. What exactly does this mean with regards to when my iPhone might be shipped and what I'm actually waiting on?

awesker3

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
"BTW - To the person who said their AT&T store is awesome and their Rep is great. YOU ARE LUCKY. I've talked to an endless string of drugged out flunkies at my AT&T store and have asked the same question and gotten different answers each time. (Most say they don't know how to look up my order status because they just don't' know. Well hell....)"

LMAO

nkcaump

Jul 16, 2008
what kansas city store did you buy from? I got from 119th AT&T. just ordered mine yesterday. I hope hope hope they got on top of this and get us our phones pronto.

also I too am coming on from tmobile. Got my stupid sidekick lx next to me with a broken button until I get my new iPhone. but when you are FIRST coming to AT&T you can sign a contract and you ARE eligible for upgrade :)
It was the store in Liberty at 152 and I-35. Another guy I work with I found out went to that same store on Friday, saw the line and went to the Apple store Friday night, waited in a 3 hour line and has one now. I want to do bodily harm to him.

Oh well... Just really hoping I have it for the weekend... Still curious about a phone for the Mrs. because I'm really not wanting to buy a $200 phone for $200... unless it's my iPhone... (but I still love my wife...)

nkcaump

Jul 16, 2008
also I too am coming on from tmobile.
BTW - Since you're a fellow t-Mobile'er... Can you coach me on what I'm supposed to tell them to get out of my contract? Something about text messaging fees going up, but I'd love to know the correct verbiage so I don't' get messed up with the agent. Someone told me I just needed to say the words "text messaging" when I call in to cancel, but I can't think that T-Mobile is that gullible and spineless...

Mrsmaris

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
actually the 8 gb is $199 with a 2 year contract (which you are required to sign when buying any 3g iPhone) and the 16 gb white or black is $299 with the 2 year contract.
without it I believe its some $399-$599 I've seen prices ranging I am not quite sure for myself. But regardless you are going to have to pay at LEAST $200 for an iPhone for the mrs.

so technically you arent spending $200 for a $200 phone. your spending $200 for a $399 phone......

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
FINALLY! got the damn thing, but not from the AT&T direct fulfillment, from the Apple store!

Out of a fluke I ended up at the Apple store today and just asked if they had any and they had all of them. I told them about my issue with friday and it not wanting to work, but we still tried and sure as crap it worked. So I canceled my still back ordered direct fulfillment and couldn't be happier!

Mrsmaris

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
I don't think there is any way to get out of your contract fee. if you cancel you cancel and you owe them the money it costs to cancel. I believe to cancel a 2 year contract is $200 i called and asked anonymously.
I have never heard of getting out of a contract without paying the money.
What did you hear about the text messaging thing because I haven't heard that one..

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Well mine keeps jumping (iPhone) from back ordered to not. But i calle my local AT&T store and asked about my phone, they asked for my name. He said "Were calling people right now, if you don't get a call today, were getting a big shipment tomorrow, so you should get it tomorrow" well i kinda para phrased, but thats pretty much what he said! So i am gettin mine tomorrow! (BTW i ordered mine SAT @ 9:15) as soon as they opened!

cfarag

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
FINALLY! got the damn thing, but not from the AT&T direct fulfillment, from the Apple store!

Out of a fluke I ended up at the Apple store today and just asked if they had any and they had all of them. I told them about my issue with friday and it not wanting to work, but we still tried and sure as crap it worked. So I canceled my still back ordered direct fulfillment and couldn't be happier!
Wait, what? You just "ended up" at the Apple store. I'm assuming there was no line? If so I'm shocked. The one in Chicago has ad a line for the past 3 days! Sickening!

theloveshack26

Jul 14, 2008
Well, after reaching the 22 page mark, I'd certainly like to thank customers like me for coming together relatively peacefully in our admittedly slightly obsessive quest to free our iPhones from AT&T's bureaucracy of misinformation and unstocked stores.

Needless to say, the endless stream of "OMG WHERZ MY iPhoneE?" from some other sites drove me insane while searching for the basic information I'd searched for.

This little corner of the internet has been the only place I've been able to get straight information about how AT&T runs these Direct Fulfillment Orders; knowing I'm not the only one aggrivated by the severe lack of information on AT&T's part has made the wait that much more enjoyable, that is, given it's unavoidable.

I think it's disappointing that we have to team up as consumers to find out where our ordered product is, but if that's what it comes down to, these are the right people to team up with.