Direct fulfillment order status (help)

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK
still no word, no nothing on my 7/15 order. can't access order status online, and 866 # (which I guess is same as 611?) said they can't access that system, have to deal with store I ordered it from. Haven't had a chance to get there since 611 told me that on Sunday. Did call the store from work and the rep said I have to come in person for that to be checked, but based on my receipt, felt confident my order was put through. Seemed to indicate that the order status system is somewhat separate from the store itself, but if that's the case, then why is everyone else able to access their order status but me? I may try to get to the store tomorrow if I can get off work on time. I do want this darn phone, but at the same time, it's ridiculous to have to make 3+ trips for it when I'm ORDERING one as opposed to trying to buy direct from the Apple store. (one trip to place the order, one to check that the order really went through, and then one to get the thing when it comes in). Two trips are dumb to begin with, but three is even dumber. If I had known I could cancel the discount and also that the discount plan I have is pretty much worthless anyway, I would have had my phone 9 days ago from Apple. But at this point, I'm not making an extra trip to Apple then have to send back the DF phone which no doubt would surface the next day! I am dealing okay with this, because this is hardly a life or death matter, but of course, like anyone else, yes, I would like to have my 3G in my hands!

go to www.cingular.com/order_status/order_status

The order # is the last 6 digits (for some people the last 5) on the middle of your receipt above the store information (I don't have my receipt in front of me, so I don't know exactly what the wording is). The billing or shipping zip code is the stores zipcode you ordered from (for me it is 74135). That is also in the middle of the receipt. Hope that helps.