Direct fulfillment order status (help)

ScottNWDW

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
this is getting ridiculous. If it wasn't for the discount that I get on my voice/data plan through my company I would have been able to get an iPhone early Friday morning at the Apple Store 10 minutes away.

I go to AT&T, wait in line, they receive a shipment of iPhones from a FedEx drop off and have the balls to say we have good news and bad news. The good news is we just received a new shipment of iPhones, the bad news is we can't sell them until tomorrow. The only way we, the people who had been in line the past 3 or more hours was to do direct fulfillment and get our phones in 7-10 days, or come back in the morning, wait in line another 3 hours and hope to get one then.

Seems pretty dumb to me, you have paying customers and stoock, but you can't sell them the stock. I took Friday (7-11) off just to be able to get an iPhone, that I still don't have, yet some kid is able to walk in Saturday morning, while I am back at work, and pick up a phone with no problem.

They've already taken my money from my account, or at least there is a hold on it so in other words I can't use it if needed or wanted to, they had the phones sitting in their backroom, and when I check the status of my order, it says "pending".

The sales rep told me that they would not charge my card until it shipped. he also said that I should have the iPhone by Monday afternoon because all direct fulfills were being sent priority.

If they don't have my phone tomorrow when I get of work I will demand that they immediately credit my account back, take the discount that prevented me from buying it at the Apple Store off the account and then I will go to the Apple Store a mile down the road and buy the phone there. Either way, I intend to have my iPhone by the close of businesss Monday night.

The service from AT&T has been pathetic at best.

Jstick

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
yes...this whole "your account wont be charged" thing is such bs. to their defense (the reps) it even says that on the receipt we get, but 208.xx was immediately listed has a pending charge and affecting my "available credit" minutes after i left the store.....weird

ScottNWDW

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
I JUST CHECKED MY ORDER AND IT SAYS THAT IT IS BACK-ORDERED.

So now, they not only have my money (paid with a debit card, since I have no credit cards and they did not take cash) and my phone is backordered. Thy probably have a new shipment sitting on the shelves in the stockroom ready for the walk-ins that day, while I , the person that already paid , has to wait because they ordered it on day one.

So much for first come first served basis.

drsfinest72

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
yes this is so unfair. how we make the line before everyone from saturday. and we get the phone last.

BladeLWS

Jul 11, 2008
Guys and gals, you also need to remember that this is SUNDAY. Many if not all of the warehouses will be closed so yes the status saying backorder maybe normal. My order was not listed as backordered this morning and now it is so I think its just that its Sunday. I would wait until end of day tomorrow before calling in and inquiring about it.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
yes this is so unfair. how we make the line before everyone from saturday. and we get the phone last.
What I is unfair is that I was only able to get 2 and have to check back every
Morning to try and get a third one.

ScottNWDW

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
What I is unfair is that I was only able to get 2 and have to check back every
Morning to try and get a third one.
What's unfair is that
I waited for a total of 4 hours in a line on Friday,
the store received a replenishment stock of new phones in front of all of us, but they couldn't sell that to us until the next day
placed an order, which is supposeed to guarantee me a phone
they took my money, which wasn't gonna be taken until the item shipped, they have stock in the backroom that they receive EVERY DAY, but can't sell until the next day
Someone walking in off the street can buy one (if they get there early enough)
I wasted a vacation day for this
I wasted 4 hours standing in 90 degree heat
They took my money
I have no iPhone yet.

drsfinest72

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
What's unfair is that
I waited for a total of 4 hours in a line on Friday,
the store received a replenishment stock of new phones in front of all of us, but they couldn't sell that to us until the next day
placed an order, which is supposeed to guarantee me a phone
they took my money, which wasn't gonna be taken until the item shipped, they have stock in the backroom that they receive EVERY DAY, but can't sell until the next day
Someone walking in off the street can buy one (if they get there early enough)
I wasted a vacation day for this
I wasted 4 hours standing in 90 degree heat
They took my money
I have no iPhone yet.
unfortunately this make me not want to have a iPhone because AT&T misleading people into this trap. why reserve when you have more units?!?!?!

Webby

Jun 5, 2008
Ok I got it to work in Safari. I can't understand why I still can't view the status of my order. I don't know why it's taking so long. It's been at least 48 hours.

drsfinest72

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
I just called AT&T and it says that my order is backordered! GRRRRRR!
-_-... so many unsatisfied people with this.

its weird mine doesn't say backordered anymore. so maybe we'll be gettin ours in the next two days.

drsfinest72

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
check your order status now. as everyone been told (well mostly every one) "Monday you might get it". mine says shipped to FRT and PHONE and also shows a tracking number already.

ScottNWDW

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
I tried this three times and I get the following message...

Sorry, there is no Att.com page matching your request. It is possible you typed the address incorrectly, or that the page no longer exists.

brittt1

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
-_-... so many unsatisfied people with this.

its weird mine doesn't say backordered anymore. so maybe we'll be gettin ours in the next two days.
Mine was backordered then yesterday changed to available and now shows backordered again...

Theutus

Jul 13, 2008
I'm honestly considering canceling my pre-order.... First I was told my phone would be here Monday or Tuesday, then I was told my card would not be charged until the phone shipped. Well it's monday, phone is on backorder, and my card was charged last Friday.

ATT has me so pissed off i'm considering waiting until sprint drops the new HTC lineup and going with that.

Jstick

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Ok I got it to work in Safari. I can't understand why I still can't view the status of my order. I don't know why it's taking so long. It's been at least 48 hours.
are you putting in the zip code of the store, not your zip?

:cool:

jimmyrules712

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
this is getting ridiculous. If it wasn't for the discount that I get on my voice/data plan through my company I would have been able to get an iPhone early Friday morning at the Apple Store 10 minutes away.

I go to AT&T, wait in line, they receive a shipment of iPhones from a FedEx drop off and have the balls to say we have good news and bad news. The good news is we just received a new shipment of iPhones, the bad news is we can't sell them until tomorrow. The only way we, the people who had been in line the past 3 or more hours was to do direct fulfillment and get our phones in 7-10 days, or come back in the morning, wait in line another 3 hours and hope to get one then.

Seems pretty dumb to me, you have paying customers and stoock, but you can't sell them the stock. I took Friday (7-11) off just to be able to get an iPhone, that I still don't have, yet some kid is able to walk in Saturday morning, while I am back at work, and pick up a phone with no problem.

They've already taken my money from my account, or at least there is a hold on it so in other words I can't use it if needed or wanted to, they had the phones sitting in their backroom, and when I check the status of my order, it says "pending".

The sales rep told me that they would not charge my card until it shipped. he also said that I should have the iPhone by Monday afternoon because all direct fulfills were being sent priority.

If they don't have my phone tomorrow when I get of work I will demand that they immediately credit my account back, take the discount that prevented me from buying it at the Apple Store off the account and then I will go to the Apple Store a mile down the road and buy the phone there. Either way, I intend to have my iPhone by the close of businesss Monday night.

The service from AT&T has been pathetic at best.
Don't blame AT&T. Apple forced them to sign a contract requiring them to reverse those shipments for the next day.

And who do you think is to blame for the Apple stores being full of stock and AT&T having none? (hint: it isn't AT&T)

Jstick

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
the website status check works for me, but i have had no luck at all with the phone number. i know "who cares, you have one working", but i was jw if anyone else had this same issue?