Direct fulfillment order status (help)

jensue1

Jul 13, 2008
It was an extra $10 for priority shipping. The guy at the store seemed to think that it wouldn't make much difference for me since it wouldn't ship until Monday. But now it looks like it isn't shipping at all!

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
They never mentioned priority to me. Mine says freight.
The store rep was supposed to give you the option for priority when processing your order. If you didn't specify it, then most likely, yours is being shipped through regular shipping. The order will always have the FRT whether you got priority or not.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
It was an extra $10 for priority shipping. The guy at the store seemed to think that it wouldn't make much difference for me since it wouldn't ship until Monday. But now it looks like it isn't shipping at all!
According to my Fedex tracking, they shipped it overnight since I chose priority. The rep told me 2-3 days. He was right. Any longer & I would've disputed the extra charge for priority.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
I guess At&t will take care of Direct Fulfillment first. At&t in my area says that the DFW area will not receive anymore shipments till next week and only Apple Stores will receive stock this week. I'm sure Apple ran into a lot of trouble Friday and cancelled shiptments to At&t stores.

erhalt1

Bronze
Jul 10, 2008
Df a failure

I went to my store in Springfield,Ohio ATT on Fri, of course they were sold out. i wanted a 16 black phone. She told me to direct order and there were 3 shipping options 5-7,3-5,1 days, I paid 17.00 for next day and she told me that it would be here Monday. I Just called and she told me that had already received their shipment and didn't get any iPhones, and she didn't now when they would get any. At the time I ordered she told me that she just found out that the black 8 gig was on backorder, I told her I wanted the 16 blk she said that even if they got some to put on the shelf I coundn't have one, because of the order. If i did find one and bought it i would have to pay for it and then wait for att to refund my money which would take about 6 to 8 weeks. soooooo.............no iPhone, no hope of an iPhone....just a lot of empty promises.

thanks for allowing me to post!
you are all so nice!:)

Jstick

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
wooo! my phone isn't back ordered, but the freight is hahaha, i know this doesn't mean much...

Tytanius

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Philly, PA
The one day delivery you paid for is one day shipping (which you should have been given free of charge). As soon as there is stock that wasn't already scheduled to be shipped to a store it will be shipped one day shipping to your AT&T and they will call you as soon as the order comes in.

When I called and asked for an update the rep told me its beneficial for the rep to call you ASAP and would most likely be within ten minutes(I am thinking they maybe get a commission, or like at Circuit City the more stuff you sell the better raise you get at your next review).

BTW my shipping status is off back order once again but there is no trusting that because every day so far it has been at 0 and every night it changes to 1.

awesker3

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
Freight backordered?

I am in the same boat. At least I know my phone is not back-ordered but the shipping is! :mad:

Jstick

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
at least this phone didn't have a predecessor, thereforee its understandable for AT&T to be unprepared....oh wait :mad:

brittt1

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Why would the phone not be back-ordered, but the shipping is?
because they received a shipment of phones into the warehoue (so whatever warehouse your order was assigned to records the new shipment inventory arriving) all phones in that warehouse go OFF backorder, once the orders are processed whatever order that were left unfulfilled go back onto backorder. This is warehouse inventory shipping software system. Invetory controlled. The freight will only go OFF backorder when you are shipped/allocated.

awesker3

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
Thanks for your fast reply. So there is a chance my order may not ship ? I am in Las Vegas, Nevada.

brittt1

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Thanks for your fast reply. So there is a chance my order may not ship ? I am in Las Vegas, Nevada.

It will ship eventually...but it may go on and off backorder multiple times before your order gets selected for fulfillment.

brittt1

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
well its back on backorder and i would guess thats the same for most of you.