Direct fulfillment order status (help)

Webby

Jun 5, 2008
Mine is still in backorder! The AT&T guy gave me attitude when I went to heck the status. What a jerk!

Tytanius

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Philly, PA
Went through a bunch of order numbers for my ZIP and one that was a higher order number than mine has already shipped.

I am guessing it is a Black 16 because I ordered a white and the lady after me I know ordered a black 8 and neither has shipped.

I am hoping it will ship by tomorrow, I looked on other forums and it seems most are shipping early morning or early afternoon so I am guessing there are two chances a day for the iPhone to be shipped out.

*Fingers Crossed*
- Tytanius

matseel

Jul 13, 2008
still waiting

Order mine 07/11 11:00 a.m., status "in progress", all numbers prior to me have shipped. Went to the Apple Store in Albuquerque, NM line of thirty people today 12:30 p.m.

Anyone have recommendations for a case?

Good luck

matseel

awesker3

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
Update:

I took the advice of some other members, and I searched the orders ahead of me to check their status.

I am exactly five orders away from my order shipping which is hopefully a good sign. I am hoping if all goes well, my order will ship tomorrow. Unfortunately, I did not pay for priority shipping because I did not even know it was an option. The sales rep at my ATT did not even offer me a shipping option, and he just gave me free economy freight.

Anyhow, I just wanted to update everyone. Be patient, your time is coming soon.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Forgive me for the noob question, but where is the order number on the receipt? Is it the 5 digit number to the left of the item list where it says "Apple iPhone" and its price?

Tytanius

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Philly, PA
Update:

I took the advice of some other members, and I searched the orders ahead of me to check their status.

I am exactly five orders away from my order shipping which is hopefully a good sign. I am hoping if all goes well, my order will ship tomorrow. Unfortunately, I did not pay for priority shipping because I did not even know it was an option. The sales rep at my ATT did not even offer me a shipping option, and he just gave me free economy freight.

Anyhow, I just wanted to update everyone. Be patient, your time is coming soon.
Doing that does not mean you are five away. I looked through about 40 numbers because I was bored and about every 5 were shipped (lower order numbers and higher order numbers).

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
After an hour on the phone with AT&T, the claim that direct orders for the iPhone will be fulfilled as the AT&T stores get stock and not a separate shipping. I have the names of managers of customer service and the store manager (at least my store) that promised me that my order will be completed in the next shipment of phones to their store.

we'll see....

awesker3

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
I am not sure that is correct because many other people are reporting separate shipments. No orders that I am aware of were fulfilled from the same inventory the ATT store receives.

From my understanding, your direct fulfillment order is ONLY for you, and it cannot be sold to just any customer who walks in and has the money.

awesker3

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
Doing that does not mean you are five away. I looked through about 40 numbers because I was bored and about every 5 were shipped (lower order numbers and higher order numbers).
The hell with you and shattering my dream..............:(

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
I am not sure that is correct because many other people are reporting separate shipments. No orders that I am aware of were fulfilled from the same inventory the ATT store receives.

From my understanding, your direct fulfillment order is ONLY for you, and it cannot be sold to just any customer who walks in and has the money.
Oh, I'm not saying they're right, but I am making sure everything is documented, so I can raise holy hell when they end up being wrong.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
LOL, this is a good thread and people say we are idiots for standing in line and walking out the door with one. What about the people that are spending hours checking there orders:laugh2:

awesker3

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
LOL, this is a good thread and people say we are idiots for standing in line and walking out the door with one. What about the people that are spending hours checking there orders:laugh2:
LMAO, I know I am pathetic. Hey, the previous poster really had me laughing about documenting names of people in the ATT management chain!

THere is no other device on the market that commands such an emotional response from people! HAHA

Tytanius

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Philly, PA
My order is still backordered from last night but the lady that ordered after me I just noticed hers was shipped last night at 10:30pm(She only ordered the 8gb). It seems shipments got out several times a day so everyone has a few chances to be lucky. ;) Also I noticed hers shipped from TN and another person from my store had theirs shipped out of TX so it isn't only the warehouse from your area which is odd.

awesker3

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
I ordered mine Friday, July 11th. Back-ordered status right now.

16gb black version.