Direct fulfillment order status (help)

Jstick

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
I'm not trying to hurt some 16 year olds feelings......

What i want them to do is put down in a cancellation comment the reason i'm leaving, because unlike the nobody working in the store, corporate offices keep track of such things.

i see, but again, i doubt they care. especially when they are blinded by the dollar signs of 1 million iPhones in 3 days (and of those, both you and me don't have one yet :laugh2:)

Theutus

Jul 13, 2008
i see, but again, i doubt they care. especially when they are blinded by the dollar signs of 1 million iPhones in 3 days (and of those, both you and me don't have one yet :laugh2:)
You do know corporate offices have entire departments that are dedicated to customer retention and satisfaction right? You think those people give a damn about how many phones sold? Nope. All they care about is retaining customers. I actually work in a corporate office, and our customer retention team actually reports directly to the senior VP.

Not that there will be enough of us to complain to make a change, but if you don't leave and give them a reason, there is no reason for them to make any changes.

Regardless, i am actually kind of happy this happened, as the iPhone was sort of a "little kid in a candy store" purchase for me. The Touch Pro is actually a lot better suited to my work needs which is where i use my phone 90% of the time. :oops:

Jstick

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
You do know corporate offices have entire departments that are dedicated to customer retention and satisfaction right? You think those people give a damn about how many phones sold? Nope. All they care about is retaining customers. I actually work in a corporate office, and our customer retention team actually reports directly to the senior VP.

Not that there will be enough of us to complain to make a change, but if you don't leave and give them a reason, there is no reason for them to make any changes.

Regardless, i am actually kind of happy this happened, as the iPhone was sort of a "little kid in a candy store" purchase for me. The Touch Pro is actually a lot better suited to my work needs which is where i use my phone 90% of the time. :oops:

yes, the iPhone isn't much of the enterprise phone as stevo said it was

drsfinest72

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
this is so gay. my phone got to the store at around 11am today. and i cant go and pick it up, they said that they are not doing that right now... wtf my phone is already on the store. whats the big deal of me going over and just picking it up?

Jstick

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
this is so gay. my phone got to the store at around 11am today. and i cant go and pick it up, they said that they are not doing that right now... wtf my phone is already on the store. whats the big deal of me going over and just picking it up?
wow...now that's ridiculous.

k3n85

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
By subtracting one from the customer order number, I tracked back 10-15 orders and looks like (for Wisconsin) they're shipping out different places (all placed 7/11) But some from TX, TN.. but no consistent shipping dates or order. Since I can't tell which are which phones they may be coming from different places based on type...

I ordered mine on 7/12, some the ones shipped on 7/11 were shipped yesterday and today but like I mentioned, in no order, some from 7/11 still not shipped yet.

Just a little investigation and hopefully mine ships soon. Feel sorry for AT&T's server with so many iphone-wanters tracking their status by the minute just hammering the site.

guht

Jul 15, 2008
The problem with the 3g is that they priced it too low. I would have preferred a higher price to keep the riffraff away, which would allow a person of my stature to obtain one quickly. Thanks Apple.
I hate to agree with Pvt. Fatbody aka. Funkeruski, but I think in part he is correct. Apple purposefully lowered the price to attract more buyers. It indirectly reminds me of the way shady mortgage companies railroaded buyers into homes they knew people couldn't afford.

The funny part is the price of the iPhone 3G when factored in with the new contract pricing is higher than the original price of phone without a contract. Also, the current price plans are extremely high when you factor in unlimited texting, MobileMe, and an unlimited data plan thats capped at 5GB. Especially when companies like sprint currently offer a truly unlimited data plan for 99$ a month before taxes & fees.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I am pretty sure that moron at AT&T wrote my email address incorrectly, so I am not exactly waiting for an email from AT&T concerning my order. Again this is a noob question, but where is the order number on the receipt from the store? I want to check myself on the order status page.

Webby

Jun 5, 2008
That's wack! Mine already shipped and will be at the store by 3pm. If they tell me the same thing I'm gonna be so pissed off!:mad: I'm gonna pick it up after work.

drsfinest72

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
That's wack! Mine already shipped and will be at the store by 3pm. If they tell me the same thing I'm gonna be so pissed off!:mad: I'm gonna pick it up after work.
by tomorrow i should have it also. if i don't. i will go into my AT&T store and demand a refund for making me wait so long! lol

Webby

Jun 5, 2008
by tomorrow i should have it also. if i don't. i will go into my AT&T store and demand a refund for making me wait so long! lol
I went to check the order status and it says that the orders before me and after me are still backordered weird.

drsfinest72

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
oh. i just tried this. weird any lowernumber before mine hasn't shipped. and all the number higher thank mine shipped already. lmao! whats a bummer

Webby

Jun 5, 2008
I find it strange. I guess they got tired of me going to the store and calling and decided to ship mine out. lmao

oasisfan76

Jun 28, 2007
Funny thing is, I ordered mine on Saturday and it shipped today, but I used economy freight because I didn't want to pay for shipping.
I check Fed Ex's tracking page and it says Standard Overnight shipping and should be at the At&t store by 3 p.m. tomorrow.

Did they screw up at the store? Oh well, I have my receipt that says economy freight.