Direct Fulfillment?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IceTrAiN

Bronze
I was at a lan during iDay so I couldn't get my iPhone.. *CRY* So I've been calling every AT&T within 100miles of me to see if they got any in stock(one place said they normally get shipments everyday so to call back every day to see if they have them) and most of them were recommending direct fulfillment and having it shipped directly to my home.

Here is my question:
Should I...
do the direct fulfill? They say that the fulfills will get shipped first and only after all of them are satisfied they will begin to get them in stores again(the one store hinted otherwise)..

Order online from Apple? Seems like this is taking considerable longer or is that just me?

Just keep checking the stores all this week and just bird dog one as soon as it hits the store(I work 5min from one AT&T and 15m from another).

Let me know your thoughts!

Btw, Hi everyone! I've been trolling for the forums all day today so I figured I'd sign up. :) :)

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
I was at a lan during iDay so I couldn't get my iPhone.. *CRY* So I've been calling every AT&T within 100miles of me to see if they got any in stock(one place said they normally get shipments everyday so to call back every day to see if they have them) and most of them were recommending direct fulfillment and having it shipped directly to my home.

Here is my question:
Should I...
do the direct fulfill? They say that the fulfills will get shipped first and only after all of them are satisfied they will begin to get them in stores again(the one store hinted otherwise)..

Order online from Apple? Seems like this is taking considerable longer or is that just me?

Just keep checking the stores all this week and just bird dog one as soon as it hits the store(I work 5min from one AT&T and 15m from another).

Let me know your thoughts!

Btw, Hi everyone! I've been trolling for the forums all day today so I figured I'd sign up. :) :)
People that got phones to sell on ebay are going to start returning them back soon I've seen 8gb phones on ebay going for $400,$500 now you know nobody is going to loose money just give it a day or 2

Angel13

Jun 26, 2007
web.me.com
My mother ordered one from AT&T fulfillment and I ordered one from Apple.com and we're waiting to see which one arrives first. She was told hers would ship today and that she would get it by Tuesday or Thursday. But she's gotten no confirmation of shipping yet. I got an email from Apple today saying mine would ship Friday the 6th.

It's a race! :p

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Well, I can add my input for whatever it's worth. The first AT&T store (near my work) I went to was a bad choice, refused to disclose their quantity, and then ran out in under an hour and did the whole trying to sway people to order through fulfillment thing, portraying as if the Apple store and all other ATT stores had the same limited quantity. (which I now know was untrue). So I placed an order to be safe, headed home, (as the Apple store was in the opposite direction, and I'd been sold a bill of goods about the quantity), but decided I'd try the AT&T store nearest to my house for the heck of it. They obviously had more in quantity, but were already out of the 8 GB, however had 4's in stock, so I was like hey, whatever-- works for me! (I'm happily enjoying it:)) They couldn't cancel my order at that store, so I called the 866#, and was re-referred to the original store, who told me it was too late to cancel, but to refuse the shipment or send it back and give them the tracking #. Hence, my order is still in progress, and I haven't gotten any shipping notice as of today, 8:20 pm or so Eastern-order was placed around 7 pm on Friday. Now whether this would still ship sooner than ordering online at apple-who knows. I don't know what to believe, because my experience with the first store showed very misleading type of information being given, for whatever reason. Anyway-I do intend to ship it back, and will see what headache ends up involved in that one. will cross that bridge when I get there.

cflamm

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
is there an Apple store near you? many as of today (monday) still have plenty of stock.

go to Apple store online and you can check availability in your area.

IceTrAiN

Bronze
No Apple stores near me. :( I did the direct fulfillment and I confirmed with them that I can cancel it anytime before it ships... so I'll keep checking all the local ATTs to see if I can nab one before mine ships and just cancel. If not, it's just the waiting game... >_<

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Well-this morning I got the e-mail from AT&T. My order shipped, and says 3-5 days. My credit card was also charged even though it wasn't supposed to be until it got delivered. (yet another untruth I've encountered). Well, we'll see when it really arrives and then I'll have to take it from there.

Iwantmymtv35

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Well, I've heard that direct fulfillment is *SUPPOSED* to be pretty good. However, we always know how that supposed word goes.

IceTrAiN

Bronze
Well-this morning I got the e-mail from AT&T. My order shipped, and says 3-5 days. My credit card was also charged even though it wasn't supposed to be until it got delivered. (yet another untruth I've encountered). Well, we'll see when it really arrives and then I'll have to take it from there.
For what it's worth, the receipt says it will charge when its *SHIPPED*, not delivered. ;) How long ago did you place your order? I put mine in later yesterday, and I got an email this morning confirming my order, but it doesn't say anything about a ship date, and nothing is showing in the order tracker on the website as of yet. :\

rettignick

Jul 2, 2007
this is stupid, i ordered mine like saturday at like 2 and all ive heard so far was that one was reserved for me and i will receive an email when it is shipped (says the email i received titled "order acknoledgement") now wat irritates me the most is i wont be "charged" until shipped yet my credit card was "pre-authorized" for 645 dollars, liars att are, liars. y is everyone who ordered theirs after me getting them shipped out before me?

IceTrAiN

Bronze
In regards to the authorizations for the phone, they will fall off within 3-5 businesss days, depending on your instution, and the avail credit(or funds if using a debit card) will be available in your account again until they recharge your card which will be when it is shipped.

rettignick

Jul 2, 2007
i was "pre-authorized" on the 30, the same day i order it. it is now the second and i don't have the money to spend. r u saying that it will ship 3-5 businesss days from the date ordered? so mine will leave sometime this week?

IceTrAiN

Bronze
The 645 dollars that was authorized on your card will fall off within 3-5 days(unless it actually gets shipped within those 3-5days in which case it will, and should, post to your account considering thats when it's suppose to post). If it doesn't ship within 3-5 days, the 645 dollars will go back into your available balance and will not come back out until they actually ship your phone.

rettignick

Jul 2, 2007
@ icetrain

not to be a jerk. but where do u get your information? i cant wait to get my iPhone, but im not sure if im willing to sign another 2 year contract just yet. my contract is up in february

IceTrAiN

Bronze
@ icetrain

not to be a jerk. but where do u get your information? i cant wait to get my iPhone, but im not sure if im willing to sign another 2 year contract just yet. my contract is up in february
In regards to the charging process? I work for a bank, I deal with that kind of junk day in and day out. ;) I'm not making any claims as to WHEN you will get your iPhone, just how the charging process will work on your card.. :p

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
So while I was at work, apparently my "arriving in 3-5 days" phone arrived today. Husband was home and so he refused the shipment, and off it went. Nonetheless, I still have to contend with the credit card being charged. I was told it would not be charged until the shipment arrived & furthermore that if it was refused, that would take care of it. But the e-mail said they charged my card, however just checked my statement and it's not there yet, so perhaps (and hopefully) the intercept worked. I will still need to follow up with this to see. But it's interesting to see that AT&T fulfillment did work fast-though I did ask for overnight shipping. I'm surprised they were on the ball. Have to laugh, because I suppose I could have returned my 4gb to the store and kept the 8gb one, but it wasn't worth the hassle of having them cancel the first, re-configure so that the new one would be set up. Especially as there already was a mess up. For some reason, they inactivated my number today, which then threw off the other 2 phones on my family plan as well. (I'm an existing AT&T customer who simply transferred my existing number to the iPhone) The rep had no idea why this occurred especially as my balance was zero. But she immediately re-activated all three numbers. I had to re-set my voice mail too. So, I'm just as glad to leave well enough alone. But sheesh!