Dirty Home Button

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
After using your iPhone for awhile, you will notice how dirt get in between the home button and the screen.

So sitting here bored at work since its the day before thanksgiving and no one is here i decided to try to clean it out. I noticed that posts are thin enough to fit in the crack.

Took a stack of white ones and ran the edge of the post it along the crack and was able to pull out a fair amount of dirt. enough to make all four corners of the white post it brown. did it a few more time and until the corner of the post remained white.

noticed a little improvement, my home button has less side to side play and a cleaner sounding click.

So for those who are bothered about dirt being trap in there, this is an easy solution to pull some dirt out.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Shame - I thought "Dirty Home Button" was going to be all about some gentleman's icons.

Thanks sloppy - I'll file that tip away for future reference.

M.

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
yes forgot to add, used compressed air also since the paper along with removing some of the dirt that stuck to it brought some to the surface. the air was able to blow it out