disable edge?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tankster

Nov 6, 2007
Hello all!Is there a way to disable edge? I have downloaded the "services" program and i turn off edge from the program but when i go back into the program it says it is on.Is there a for sure way to disable edge? I do not have a data plan and i am on a computer all day and i don't need the convenience of edge when i have wifi everywhere i go. And i don't want to get hit with a heavy bill on my next statement.Thank you in advance :)

tankster

Nov 6, 2007
also, if i restart the phone, "services" says edge is turned back on. So it seems eveytime i restart it goes back on and i have to go in and turn it off manually but the "E" is still present even when i turn it off :(

tankster

Nov 6, 2007
ok i found out what is going on. It acutally is turned off even though the "E" is still present! Weird huh? I tried accessing safari or any other thing that involves internet access and it says "cannot connect to server" . Currently there is no wifi where im at so i think im good. But when i restart the phone it turns it back on so its not too big of a deal, i just hope i remember to turn it off everytime i restart the phone! thanks for your help!