Disabled iPhone 3G...Please help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Unlock' started by iCurly, Jan 15, 2013.

1. iCurly

iCurly New Member

My 4 yo daughter was recently playing with my iPhone 3G (iOS 4.2.1, 8 Gig) and locked me out of my device by entering the incorrect passcode several times. I've done some research online and I understand that there are some fixes out there that I can use to bypass the "iPhone Disabled - Connect to iTunes" error message-without losing my valuable contacts and personal data. Could some kind soul please give me step by step directions to recover my phone without restoring it back to it's factory condition (and losing all of my information)? Any help would be greatly appreciated...BTW-My phone is not jailbroken.

2. iCurly

iCurly New Member

Follow up question...If there isn't an easy fix, can I possibly retrieve my files and data and back it up on my Windows PC before restoring my phone?

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Duplicate threads deleted.

You can reset the password without losing your data if you connect and restore on the computer it is synced with. If you've never synced it with a computer, you can restore, but you will lose your data.

FYI: Automatic iCloud backups prevent loss of data without the need to sync with a computer, but it doesn't work on that model and firmware, so you have to sync with a computer if you want to backup your data.

Directions:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1212

4. iCurly

iCurly New Member

Update: Sorry for not getting back to you guys earlier. But I was able to remove the error screen using the Gecko toolkit. Then I was lucky enough to remember an ancient passcode of mine. Apologies to my 4 yo. She was screwing with it. But I snatched it from her and had a brain fart when I entered the old pass. After taking a nap, I noticed that it was locked. But I almost bricked it by trying to get in with the new passcode.