Disabling Airdrop prompt for confirmation between OS X Machines

Discussion in 'Mac OS X' started by Rafagon, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Is there a way to make it so that when you send a file via Airdrop to another Mac on your Wi-Fi network, you don't have to click on Send every single time, on the sending machine, and you don't have to click on Accept on the receiving machine every single time?

I often send stuff from my iMac to my MBA, and vice versa, and the two aren't always necessarily in the same room. So it gets tedious to walk back and forth between the two machines just to click on Send or Accept.

(screenshot courtesy Wikipedia):

AirDrop_Mac_Screenshot.jpg

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I only have one Mac so I haven't used AirDrop much, but you could use a VNC app to select the accept option.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Thank you. This is something worth looking into. I am VNC-naïve, but OS X has built-in tools (via System Preferences > Sharing) for the sharing of several services between Macs, one of which is Screen Sharing. Looks like I may not even need a third-party app!

I'll try to set some time aside to learn how this works. I've just been so busy lately perfecting the next iteration of my iTunes Grocery List! :D:D:D j/k