disabling the tilting?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
im sure im not the only one that gets annoyed by where you turn the phone and the screen tilts, right? i mean sometimes it can be useful when you want to have the browser in landscape mode, but what really drives me crazy is when in listening to the ipod and scrolling down the list or something and for some reason gets tilted and the coverflow mode comes on. to me, coverflow is completely useless. i mean i guess you can say it looks nice or whatever, but other that that i have no use for it, or isn't helpful in any way, in fact makes it harder to find the songs youre looking for. and then if i have it on my lap and am switching songs or something and it goes to coverflow, they remove the skip/backwads buttons and that gets annoying that you cant get to the next song with out having to switch it back. i guess it woulndt be so bad if it wasn't for this sole reason.

(sorry, but i just had to vent this out... :oops:)

so, (kinda doubt if there is, but had to ask anyways) is there any way to disable this feature? i think it'd be better if you could have the choice of turning this off and pressing a button instead or something...

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
I have this trouble too when I'm laying on my side in bed and web browsing., when I look at the phone with my head down it
goes landscape making me turn my head instead of it natuaraly seeing how my eyes fall.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Makes no sense to me, but I found this on macworld.
The other day I was lying on my side, trying to read a web page on the iPhone. I turned the iPhone 90° clockwise, but it obligingly re-rotated the text 90° counter-clockwise, leaving me again out of sync. I grumbled something about the irritation of being outmaneuvered by a handheld gadget. Amy’s brilliant suggestion: rotate it another 90° CCW. Since the iPhone doesn’t offer 180° rotation, this left the text rotated 90° in alighnment with my head.
The full article is here. It's at the bottom of the page. Maybe it will work for you.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Makes no sense to me, but I found this on macworld.
The other day I was lying on my side, trying to read a web page on the iPhone. I turned the iPhone 90° clockwise, but it obligingly re-rotated the text 90° counter-clockwise, leaving me again out of sync. I grumbled something about the irritation of being outmaneuvered by a handheld gadget. Amy’s brilliant suggestion: rotate it another 90° CCW. Since the iPhone doesn’t offer 180° rotation, this left the text rotated 90° in alighnment with my head.
The full article is here. It's at the bottom of the page. Maybe it will work for you.
if no body understands that post, i can explain it. Let's say you want to lay on your right side in bed, and you want to use landscape. hold the phone (or iPod touch) in landscape with the side with the volume buttons/vibrate switch facing up, and keep it completely facing up till the screen changes. Then you can adjust it all you want, if you are laying on your left, do the opposite side.

i figured this out a while ago.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
if no body understands that post, i can explain it. Let's say you want to lay on your right side in bed, and you want to use landscape. hold the phone (or iPod touch) in landscape with the side with the volume buttons/vibrate switch facing up, and keep it completely facing up till the screen changes. Then you can adjust it all you want, if you are laying on your left, do the opposite side.

i figured this out a while ago.
yeah, i kinda knew this already, but wouldn't really help with my problem cause the thing is that i like to use the ipod while im driving and i usually keep it on my lap or next to me so i can easily change songs, but if i slightly tilt it the wrong way, it changes to coverflow, and then i have to tilt it back to go to normal view to go the next song. god, i hate coverflow.... :(