Disappointed in Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by jford951, Aug 21, 2012.

1. jford951

jford951 Member
    Bronze

If the leaks of the new iPhone are true and with what we know about IOS 6. Then Apple is going to disappoint a lot of people I think. They arent living up to the innovative company that we have come to know. I was hoping for a major redesign of the iPhone but it isn't looking good. Hope the leaks are all wrong

2. {StatuSChecKa}

{StatuSChecKa} Contributor
    Silver

Your getting anxious too huh. What do you expect when you say redesign?
    What all can they do with just a home button, sleep button and camera?
    Perhaps the Internal Parts are what will be impressing.
    I was hoping for a different look too, but i'm not sure what a new look would be.

Right before the iPhone 4S came out there was speculation of a redesign and some of those rumor photos were NICE.

3. ericsinsideout

Gold

keep in mind, Apple has always had a more clean, sleek, industrial look to all of their designs. they aren't trying to design the next toy for star trek or anything. They choose simple and elegant over ridiculous screen sizes and goddy details. Personally I like the look of the next iPhone, not quite what I was expecting either, but I didn't know what to expect in the first place.

4. psylichon

psylichon Genius

They didn't redesign the iPod every year or two, did they? When something is good, it's good. You can only "improve" it so far before you're just trying random stuff and seeing what sticks. I think it would be great if Apple kept putting out the same basic design, slightly modified and refined every few years, and still continued to outsell every other phone maker that feels the need to reinvent their lineup every 6 months.

It's what's inside that really counts, and Apple generally delivers there.

5. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

psylichon Thanks again for an insightful answer. This helps. Oh and I am your 400th Like! (y)

6. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

Yeah the new renderings look great to me. A bit thinner and taller with a two-toned backing. I am really looking forward to getting the details on the innards, more specifically the Hard Drive (128MB+) and Cellular Capabilities (4G LTE).

7. Muckcityjustin

Gold

I was not a fan at first either. I was expecting something totally different. Now I am really liking the supposed "leaked images". I will be stoked either way if it looks like these or is a totally new design. They seem to never disappoint me. Plus just having a new shiny iPhone in my hand i'll be excited either way. I'm just looking forward to a slightly larger screen and 4gLTE. Anything else is a bonus!

8. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

Every time a new iPhone comes out, there are people that are disappointed. EVERY TIME. They think the new iPhone is supposed to be an amazing new invention that will blow us away. Guess what? It never is. It's always been a phone that is simple, sleek, easy to use and understand while merely keeping up with the competition. Also, when a new iPhone comes out, it's usually just one or two things that are upgraded to keep us fans in check. The 2nd iPhone added 3G and a curved back of the phone made of plastic compared to metal and minor speed increases. The 3rd iPhone the 3GS was merely just a "faster" phone.....really didn't do much though either the camera was introduced here or in the 3G. don't remember. The iPhone 4 brought us a new Square design that most hated, and now most love. Better camera, front camera, faster speeds and retina. What did the 4S do? Just speed and Siri and a better reso camera.

So, you will be disappointed if the new iPhone has a 4" screen and faster performance? Seems you have no idea how the iPhone has progressed over the years.

I have owned every iPhone, and will continue to until they give me reason not to. You may ask, "Why do I keep using the iPhone if I think they just keep up with the competition"? Well, I only say that in regards to the camera, speed, size of the phone and other hardware stuff. I have tried using Android and I still own a Galaxy Tab 10.1, but the feel of iOS is just superior IMO and I can't change back to an Android phone again

9. ericsinsideout

Gold

I don't know what I'd do if they came out with an even larger storage capacity. the last thing I need to do is ditch my ipod entirely and carry my massive music collection on my iPhone...

10. Michael Baturin

Gold

Funnily enough, with iTunes Match I no longer have all of my music physically stored on my iPhone because it is accessible regardless. The space I need now is for Photos, Videos, and Apps. I'm at 54GB capacity with just those things on my current iPhone - I would love a larger capacity.

11. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

Maybe I don't understand iTunes match. I was just under the assumption that it just downloads the art work or something...lol I have no clue. Is match worth the $?

12. Michael Baturin

Gold

I have 5000 songs that appear in my iPod on my iPhone, though none are actually taking up space. When I press one, it downloads, but starts playing almost immediately. From then on - it is stored on the phone, though I can delete it at anytime. So it's like having access to all of your music, though none of it take up space on your iDevice until you listen to it.

13. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

Yeah, guess I won't need that. I only have 2.2 Gigs of music on my phone. Still have 4 gigs available and that's only with a 16 gig phone. I don't know how you guys use that much memory. I use my iPod 4 days a week at the gym and hear new stuff all the time

14. jford951

jford951 Member
    Bronze

I am not liking the thinner longer look. I think it may look a limitless to long now

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

15. ericsinsideout

Gold

I assume that by thinner, you aren't referring to the thickness of the phone, but the width of the screen? It's barely longer than the iPhone 4/4s and it's the same width. I bet after you play with one, you'll be over it and looking to get it in your pocket

16. Koolbreeze

Koolbreeze New Member

Don't think I'll be upgrading to new iPhone. My 3G (yes I know it's getting a bit old) is slow, native apps take several seconds to load, it takes forever to load a web page and often it just crashes while on the web. It wasn't like that when I bought it. So now my concern is, is this what happens to an iPhone after several years? Is this a "built in" obsolesce feature by Apple so that you have to buy a new phone every other year?

17. sled14

sled14 Member
    Bronze

If after over 2 years the best design they could come up with is an iPhone 4/4S that's slightly taller - I'll probably pass. I do love the iOS though, especially when I see my friends complaining about their droid phones messing up constantly. Fanboys aside the rumored iPhone 5 loses out aesthetically to the Galaxy S3 big time.

18. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

But you haven't even seen the actual new iPhone.

19. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Other brands are obsolete after 3 months and they also slow down and crash right out of the box. :p

20. George McCabe

George McCabe New Member

I am actually packing my Verizon Galaxy S3 up and shipping it back. I only had it for a week and the instability was killing me. A good lucking phone does not make it a good functioning phone. I reactivated my 4s and will be upgrading to the 5 regardless of how much or how little Apple has improved the phone.