Disappointed there is no MMS on iPhone 3G

KAKershaw

Bronze
Sep 3, 2008
I am a new 3G iPhone user and am disappointed with no MMS on this phone. Is there a reason for that? Is there any software I can load on my iPhone to give me that capability?
Thanks for your help.
KeithAKershaw@aol.com

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Apple believes that email is better than MMS, and really, they're right. More attachments, easier, and it's free. MMS won't be coming to the iPhone. You have a powerful email client right there; give it a shot.

By the way, please do not post duplicate threads.

KAKershaw

Bronze
Sep 3, 2008
Thanks guys .... Is there a way to forward text messages or copy and paste?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Thanks guys .... Is there a way to forward text messages or copy and paste?
Copy and paste is currently impossible, but it is rumored to be coming soon (possibly this month in the 2.1 firmware update). Also, if you jailbreak your iPhone, you can download an application called BiteSMS that allows you to forward texts.

KAKershaw

Bronze
Sep 3, 2008
Help me out with a question ... would you only jailbreak a phone that you did not get through a cell provider (i.e., buting off of ebay)?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
nope. jailbreaking allows you access to the iPhones file system... which means you can customize the interface as well as install applications available outside of the iTunes App Store... cuch as biteSMS that lincoln mentioned.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
mms not being standard on this phone doesn't bother me anymore. emailing them through email gateway numbers is easy one the number is memorized in your iPhone.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Apple believes that email is better than MMS, and really, they're right. More attachments, easier, and it's free. MMS won't be coming to the iPhone. You have a powerful email client right there; give it a shot.

By the way, please do not post duplicate threads.
I don't agree it's better and I hope your wrong about it won't be coming. No offense but a lot of us really use and want this on our iPhone.