Disappointed with iPad Air specs and features

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I've had a few Android tablets, as well as phones. Venturing is best done on the phone side of things. The tablets just aren't close to the iPads.

That being said, they are cheap and great quality. Hard to argue with picking up a Nexus 7. Me personally, I like my Android devices as phones.
I've used the Nexus 7. Nice little tablet, but not quite an iPad. The price was good, though.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Not even an A7X processor...
They may not be calling it A7X, but you can bet, with a claim like 2x faster graphics than the iPad 4, it's more than just the same A7 they put in the iPhone 5S. Remember the original iPad? It had an A4. The iPhone 4 had an A4. Different clock speeds, because the iPad had more thermal headroom and battery to work with. Most likely happening here as well. Who knows, maybe they've even put more graphics cores in the iPad version of the A7. The original A7 surpassed the A6X in the iPad 4 by a good margin, so at the very least if they've done nothing more to it, it will still be faster than the iPad 4.

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
Only thing I'm disappointed in is the lack of Touch ID. I'm upgrading from the iPad 3, so I'm pretty excited. Form factor is a bigger deal than I think everyone realizes.

Sent using iCafe app

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
Touch ID is nice but I don't venture outside with my iPad too often. I don't even have a pass code so it's a moot point. As to color, I do NOT like gold except gold coins.

Sent using iCafe app