Disappointed with iPhone 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by hmfc-1874, Sep 11, 2013.

1. hmfc-1874

hmfc-1874 Contributor
    Silver

Just watched the keynote.. I was really expecting a lot more from Apple, their competitors have stepped up the game. I really cannot say the same for Apple, if you have an iPhone 5 there is seriously no point in upgrading.
    I was expecting more features to be added. Does anyone else ?
    I have an iPhone 5 and I am going to wait till next year in hope that Apple bring a real upgrade in features instead of 3 upgrades per year. Also there was no mention of the new Ipad or mac whats up with that?

Anyone else feel the same as i do ?

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I feel the same as you do. Although I wasn't going to upgrade until the iPhone 6, I was still expecting more from Apple.

As far as the new iPad announcement, it's possible that they are not fully ready yet to announce it.

Sent using iCafe app

3. dallasjetfan

dallasjetfan Contributor
    Bronze

It will be an awesome upgrade from my 4S so I'm happy.

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I can understand your standing as well as others. It's an upgrade If you're going from an iPhone 4 or 4S to the 5S. That's a big upgrade. But I have had my iPhone 5 for what, only a year now? I got it when it first came out. So there is not a huge reason to upgrade.

Sent using iCafe app

5. josh.ua

josh.ua Member
    Bronze

Considering the majority of their customers go with a 2-year contract and can't upgrade every year, I think its safe to say they aren't worried about reinventing the phone every single year. Most people wait till they are eligible instead of finding ways around it (like selling their phone on eBay or using a family member's upgrade) so for those that bought a 5, they wouldn't be able to upgrade to the 5S anyway. The people that buy the 5S are going to be those who buy every model of the iPhone (like myself) and those who have had their phone for 2+ years which means this upgrade will be pretty big going from a 4S (or a 4 or 3GS) to the 5S and well worth the money.

Yes the competition adds a lot of features every year but when you look at the features people really use, its not that much different than what Apple does with the iPhone. We can't expect them to just pile on features because we are bored with the phone we've had for 6 months to a year.

6. Matt

Matt Member
    Bronze

yup same here! I'm excited. I really want that LTE!

7. hmfc-1874

hmfc-1874 Contributor
    Silver

Yeah I still have a year left on my contract, ends in September 2014 :D

I was hopping it was ready though :(

Can also understand why people are happy who have 4/4s

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Yeah, my upgrade will not be available until 2015 it said. I used my mothers upgrade for the iPhone 5.

Sent using iCafe app

9. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I'm not really disappointed since I am not upgrading this year, although I do expect an increase in screen size next year. Next year is do or die for that larger screen since I am defintely upgrading next year. A better camera and faster internals won't cut it for the 6 if the screen size doesn't change.

10. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Not dissapounted at all. I have an iP5 and am happy about the updates on the iP5S which I'm purchasing for my other line. A bigger screen is no big deal to me. I have an S4 with a 5" screen and going back to my iP5 is a non issue. I prefer the apps on my iP5.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. nujsimon

nujsimon New Member

I hope most of the new features of iOS7 can run on the ip5, if not, then its a 5s for me.

Sent using iCafe app on my iPad

12. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

So with u I had an iPhone 5 then jumped to a.galaxy s4 but use my Gf iPhone 5 more just more friendly and easier and smoother to use and apps are much better on it.

13. becomingwater

becomingwater Member
    Bronze

I will be getting the 5S then sell my 5 for the same price I bought it with. I've done this every year :) basically it's a free upgrade

Sent using iCafe app

14. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'm actually happy to keep my iPhone 5 especially since Apple won't be making it anymore.

Sent using iCafe app

15. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

Ummm what were you guys expecting? You complain every year. Shouldn't you know that they don't go crazy on ANY changes and especially to the S model which was originally noted for Speed.

Some people expect big changes every year and let themselves down when it doesn't happen. If you feel other phones have stepped up you can only try them out

Sent using iCafe app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Hmmm. No changes to the S model.

64-bit processor, M7 chip, improved camera and flash, fingerprint security.

Nope. No changes there. Damn it - how am I supposed to show off my new iPhone? Glue on arrows pointing to the fingerprint sensor?!

:p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I shall respond to this.

The iPhone 5S is definitely not a big change for me to jump out of bed and upgrade to it from the iPhone 5. No surprise there though.

Sent using iCafe app

18. rgomez

rgomez Member
    Bronze

I feel underwhelmed because we all knew what Apple was going to announce WEEKS before the keynote. There is no longer a sense of surprise to any of their product announcements.

19. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

And that's fine, but don't tell me it's the same phone as the 5.

"I shall respond to this"? Really? We're discussing, not fighting dragons. :p

20. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Oh it's definitely not the same.

Sent using iCafe app