Disappointed with the look and features of the Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Vcoronel127, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Vcoronel127

Vcoronel127 Member
    Bronze

Is this what we waited for? And to think that Nike stopped making Fuelbands just so the Apple board members can concentrate on the apple watch.

Can someone please tell me why I should buy an Apple watch when all the features it has is all in the iPhone 6? I was really hoping that Apple released the Apple Watch looking like the pics below...I'm so disappointed with the watch. 4 sensors? Come on!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410648110.573492.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410648125.488871.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410648133.722926.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

My friend is going to buy it for a few reasons. One so he doesn't have to continue pulling his phone out in class. Two he wears a watch, so this'll be even better.

I think the people who will buy it are the ones that are not able to or don't want to purchase the iPhone 6/6+. I have no valid reason for the watch. I use my iPhone all the time in class. It won't supply me any use.

3. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

that bottom one looks awful, and I suspect the curved ones were just not logistically possible.

I wouldn't say Apple watch is ugly, but it is definitely thicker than I was expecting. I guess the bio reading hardware takes up a lot of space.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Here's a post I wrote several months ago regarding that mockup watch and explaining why it wouldn't work:

#4 Europa, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2015
  5. jaydoc1

jaydoc1 Contributor
    Silver

The watch is aesthetically a big disappointment for me. Function-wise I really like it. My wife is in love with it. So she will be getting one for sure. I may or may not. Really looking hard at a Garmin Fenix at the moment. Apples and oranges but not looking to buy two expensive watches in the next year.

6. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

There is only on smart wearable I know of with that form factor
    Razer Nabu (in beta) they actually started with 2 screens went to one. Just not easy to make and pricey.
    I love the watch for everything it isn't . I had the Pebble and now have the LG (I prefer square smart watches).
    Android wear's vision of what a watch should go is not the same as Apple's. I actually love the digital crown. I will get one no doubt about it. Love the design and the innovation of the watchband switch system (smart so smart big $ maker here)
    It's not why get a watch when my phone can do the same. Wearable are designed to do things easier with less steps and intuitive. The phone has it's place and so will the watch. At least for now!

7. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I agree. I don't think it is the most beautiful piece of work Apple has produced. I know I won't be buying it for the next few years if ever unless some major changes take place. I've seen some concepts that were more aesthetically appealing. I think this is a beautiful concept minus the TouchID part. I can see it in a nice sterling silver.

iWatch-14-640x358.jpg

#7 JWiPhone, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  8. Vcoronel127

Vcoronel127 Member
    Bronze

I would definitely get it even if it did have the Touch ID. I just hope in the near future Apple will finally realize that it's not aesthetically captivating.

Sent from my iPhone

9. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I wish the Moto 360 was compatible with the iPhone, I love the design and would buy it until apple watch comes out.

10. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Sometimes design and function just are not compatible. Could they have made the watch round? Maybe, maybe not without giving up a feature or two. I like the look of it fine. But still won't buy one because they're priced too high for me and I really don't need one. Where's the "need" factor here. It seems it's mostly about "want".

11. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

From my previous post I don't want to sound totally negative about it. Some models and configurations don't look really bad. It can do some cool things with the tech built in, but as Ledsteplin said, where is the need factor? I do think this looks fairly nice. In the future years it will become thinner.

apple watch.JPG

12. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

How long until we start seeing clones?

13. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I wonder if they will make lefties versions of it, right now it would be impossible to wear this on the right arm????

14. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I think it's perfect the way it is. I also love watches, and if they did something round or a bracelet looking one I wouldn't consider buying one regardless of the price.

15. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Good question, even thou watches are worn on the left arm. My sister wears them on the right, she puts the top part to the bottom so she won't break it.

16. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

That and what about amputees? I wonder if navigation will be possible without the crown

17. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I was thinking they could just give you the option to flip the UI upside down for lefty mode. Then you could flip the face over to move the button and crown the the left side. Granted it'll put the button on top instead of the crown, but it probably won't matter than much.

18. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Oh gee, I guess we gonna have to wait and see. But I suggest, in that case, not to wear one.

19. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

No way, I an think of many that would love to wear this but for whatever reason the left arm position may not be available.

20. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

well amputees would be f'd either way unless you're talking about using their nose to peck at it.