disappointed with the speaker...

guest4

Bronze
Mar 27, 2008
They did improve the audio. Not the volume, just the quality of it.

hellspawn2

Bronze
Feb 4, 2008
C-bus
they should have improved the audio... it's too low
I agree! The ringer seems on the low side. I cant even hear my phone in my pocket. Does anyone with personal ringtone does the sound get louder?

The clarity of the audio is great

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I dunno wtf you guys are talking about. My ringer is so much louder than v.1!
Everything is louder--music, video, alerts, ringtones. Check your volumes as they can be changed individually for each app.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
to me, the volume is more important than quality on the speakers.. i have to at least be able to hear it ring

hellspawn2

Bronze
Feb 4, 2008
C-bus
I dunno wtf you guys are talking about. My ringer is so much louder than v.1!
Everything is louder--music, video, alerts, ringtones. Check your volumes as they can be changed individually for each app.
Honda what setting am i missing? Im not talking about in a app or whatever. Its just the standard ring for a incoming phone call. With yours can you hear it ring inside lets say your front pants pocket? If so what ringtone is it on?

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Did you poke the speaker holes with a pin? This helps some

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Honda what setting am i missing? Im not talking about in a app or whatever. Its just the standard ring for a incoming phone call. With yours can you hear it ring inside lets say your front pants pocket? If so what ringtone is it on?
when you choose your ringtone, one of the options is volume, so make sure it's up all the way. You can also do so when the phone is idle, just use the volume control on the side. By default, it is around halfway, so it's not at it's loudest out of the box.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I love the volume level and clarity of the 3G. SO MUCH BETTER. I av e an iTunes ringtone and IT IS LOUD (sax solo from Kokomo; I know, you think it's lame).
:)! I have that playing right now! What a coincidence. Not lame at all.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I love the volume level and clarity of the 3G. SO MUCH BETTER. I av e an iTunes ringtone and IT IS LOUD (sax solo from Kokomo; I know, you think it's lame).
Rick, if you like it, then it's not lame. I use regular ringing tones I d/l from wherever...

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
I think the OP is referring to the new iPhone 3G.
Oh, I didn't even realize that the bottom of the phone and speaker holes (not the actual speaker) were different.

Haven't seen one yet

Jul 4, 2007
How to poke the 3G one? It has a mesh cover the hole......