disc golf anyone?

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
If anyone is in houston and wants a swift ass kicking at disc golf just let me know!
IMG_01901`.jpg

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
I live in Philly..

I'd take up your offer to play with you....but I do not play for competition. I just love to play.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
I used to play at Pease Park in Austin all the time. It is where I learned. If you ever head up to AUsitn and havn't been before, your disks and a cold 6-pack with you.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
I live in Philly..

I'd take up your offer to play with you....but I do not play for competition. I just love to play.
I love to play 2 but seems like everything i do is a competition. I don't know why but thats just me. Congrats on your phillies they took it to them!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i'd take you up on that, but i prefer baby seal golf.

Oct 7, 2008
Clearwater Florida
Your either really good or you just bought a bunch of new discs...except for those putters in the front.....lol

Weather here in Clearwater FL has just gotten to the point where its not so damn hot....I'm either playing Sunday or going to Disney World....

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
Your either really good or you just bought a bunch of new discs...except for those putters in the front.....lol

Weather here in Clearwater FL has just gotten to the point where its not so damn hot....I'm either playing Sunday or going to Disney World....
Almost all are champion discs they stay cleaner than dx or pro discs. Look at the bag not the discs also i clean them every once and a while. I play about 4 times a week the weather is perfect now in houston and screw disney world id play some dg.

PS i am really good on houston courses

Oct 7, 2008
Clearwater Florida
Agreed,its worth the extra money when buying disc...even if some are just crazy in price....We have a disc shop here that isn't crazy $$$$$... I do a bag also...some here have carts that look like they are carring luggage...

Do you buy locally or do you purchase online?

Are courses in Houston part of "regular" golf courses or stand alone for Disc Golf....4 days a week is awesome...
Disney is heaven to my 9 year old so we go all the time......Its no astroworld..but what is/was....lol

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
Agreed,its worth the extra money when buying disc...even if some are just crazy in price....We have a disc shop here that isn't crazy $$$$$... I do a bag also...some here have carts that look like they are carring luggage...

Do you buy locally or do you purchase online?

Are courses in Houston part of "regular" golf courses or stand alone for Disc Golf....4 days a week is awesome...
Disney is heaven to my 9 year old so we go all the time......Its no astroworld..but what is/was....lol
I buy mine locally at ricks darts and games or at a pro shop. Pull carts are stupid and only old men and lazy ppl use them. Almost all courses in houston are dg only not on a golf course but one in the woodlands is on a golf cource and has a discgolf pro shop.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
I use a cooler that allows me to store 6 disks in 2 external sleeves. Not meant to be a disc golf bag, but works great AND allows for the transportation of alcohol while I trek it through the course.

I buy Champ. Edition Disks only as well. They last longer, and feel better in my hands. I buy them at the course, where all sales go to the maintenance of the course. I play at Sedgley Woods near downtown Philly, the 2nd oldest DG course in the country.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Hell yes!

I'd play you but I'm in Bama.

Just got done playing a round earlier today in fact preparing for a tournament this weekend.

I've been playing just over a year now and have played in about 10 PDGA sanctioned disc golf tournaments (PDGA #34155, Rated: 885 currently), hooked and loving it!

I've got nearly all champion plastic now except for my kc pro putters and rocs, gotta love them kc plastic rocs.:laugh2:

I'm throwing my destroyer, wraith and teerex 400 feet consistently now and play at the very least 4-5 times a week!

I'm currently playing in "Intermediate" class in PDGA sanctioned events. For those that do not know, the classes generally are layed out Novice, Recreational, Intermediate, Advanced and then Pro. I'm working on my game and hopefully move to the advanced level the beginning of next year and maybe by year three go pro and start rakin' in a little cash here and there.

Anyways, you don't wanna start talkin' disc golf with me cause I can stay on the subject for hours, just ask my wife and co-workers. :p

Here's some related sites you may want to check out if you havn't already:

www.pdga.com
www.discgolfers.us
www.1000rated.com
www.discgolfbirmingham.com (our local dg club, the DGB)

I believe this is either a love it or hate it sport but think everyone should atleast give it a shot. For me it was love at first sight, but then again I just love the game of golf in general and couldn't afford ball golf and/or training, so this is the next best thing and it can be VERY VERY competative. Make sure if you click the link for the pdga that you look up the course directory and find your local course and get ta playin' already!

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
i thought frisbees were only used as herb trays these days.
Therein lies one of the many different characteristics of "disc" and "frisbee" my friend. ;)

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
People who call it frisbee golf need to be slapped. ;) It is a completly different disc.

What I don't get are the dudes who come to the DG course with Utlimate Frisbee discs, and play it using them. I just kind of stand there confused. I mean, sure, it can be done, but it is not the intended purpose of an ultimate frisbee disc, nor are they suited for a course with tons of hazards and obstructions (like mine....ALL Trees. I love it).

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
You are right tex but I give it to them at least they are playing the game not the right way but they are playing. Who know they might love it and go out and buy some real disc and become the next ken climo.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Bump*

Ok, I couldn't help it so here ya go...(explicit kiddies)

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Wow I can't believe I watched the whole thing!
yes it had that effect on me, it sorta draws you into actually finishing.:p

First time I saw it, I was ready to cut it off when dude whipped out the scooter...