Disclaimer: stupid question about rollover minutes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
I have the lowest rate plan (450 minutes/month) and am on my last week of the billing cycle. I checked last Thursday and had used 446/450 minutes, with 214 rollover minutes available. On Friday I made a 15-minute call, and my minutes "bar" online (of course) filled, turned red and read 450/450. Technically, I've used 461/450.

So, my question is, why oh why (when I've gone 11 minutes over my 450 limit) does my rollover "bar" still read 0/214 minutes used? Shouldn't it read 11/214 minutes used? Or does it not count up rollover minutes used until after your billing cycle has ended?

I warned you it was a stupid question :p Anyone feel like wasting a bit of time answering it?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
When your statement closes at the end of your billing cycle it will check to see if you have rollover minutes to cover the overage. If you do it subtracts them from the rollover total, if you don't have the rollovers to cover, it will bill you for them.

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
Thanks for the answer, Greg! I kinda wish it kept counting after 450, so I could still keep tabs on my usage and make sure I won't go over onto billable time. Oh well!

Thanks again.

Aug 30, 2007
Bothell, WA
Thanks for the answer, Greg! I kinda wish it kept counting after 450, so I could still keep tabs on my usage and make sure I won't go over onto billable time. Oh well!

Thanks again.
There is a reason why they don't tell you. They want you to use all those minutes up. I have 3875 rollover minutes. Want some?

Deedee

Aug 7, 2007
I'm over my minutes this month, too, but my minutes are showing up on the rollover line on the AT&T website.
Good luck!