Discount on iPad?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Does anyone know where I can get a discount on the iPad 2? I went to Apple and my college ID doesn't give a discount on the iPad. Just wondering because I really want one but 499 is a little steep for me. Thanks!

Sent from my iPod touch using iCafe app

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
They are going to be the same price wherever you buy it. The price is set by Apple. Apple does give discounts to college students on computers, but thats about it.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Sad to say the only 'discounts' I have seen on iPads are at places like SAMs / Costco type stores. I saved a whopping $11 on my iPad 1.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
They are going to be the same price wherever you buy it. The price is set by Apple. Apple does give discounts to college students on computers, but thats about it.
Thank you, just saw that.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
@roofmonkey, yeah not even walmart is selling them for less! I got a $25 break on my iPod 4 from them, but no diff in price on the iPad.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Apple does have some corporate discounts (EPP). I got a whopping 2% off my iPad 2. Accessories are 10% off.
Nice. Discounts are always good! Funny how I was just on Apple and they praise how useful it is for school, yet they don't give a school discount for it.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Absolutely, but I guess it also depends on how much other stuff you have on there. I highly doubt you'll run into any space issues.
Thank you, yes I have an iPod so mostly everything will stay on iPod, and I'll just put on Eic and facebook. Little stuff because I want it mostly for school books. Thanks

Sent from my iPod touch using iCafe app