Disillusioned with Apple

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bronsgran, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Bronsgran

Bronsgran New Member

Microsoft is so much easier and straightforward

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

2. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

[​IMG]

3. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

i would not say it's easier but Apple does have it's lerning curve. after using a windows based computer for a some time. but i will say windows is better no doubt about it.

4. FlwrPwer

FlwrPwer Evangelist
    Gold

What has made you disillusioned? If it's the apps, then it's not Apple's fault. They don't write the apps. That's separate developers and yes, more apps are harder to navigate than others.

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Yet the OP is posting from an iPad. Okaaaay...:)

6. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Do we really need more Trolls on eiC?

7. FlwrPwer

FlwrPwer Evangelist
    Gold

Well, I know the original poster was having some issues with the Facebook app yesterday. So that's why I'm wondering if it's the device or the apps.

8. ~DS~

~DS~ Member
    Bronze

Best. Sarcasm. Ever.

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It's probably the Facebook app. Each update brings a new group of bugs to the user.

10. FlwrPwer

FlwrPwer Evangelist
    Gold

I'm not really sure I understand this. This guy is a new member. He posted a problem he was having yesterday that I helped him with. He then sent me a PM to thank me for my help. That is not what a troll does. Maybe he just finds the iPad hard to navigate.

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

"Troll" seems to be the catch-all word du jour lately.

McCarthy, anyone? :D

12. FlwrPwer

FlwrPwer Evangelist
    Gold

I just don't understand. I was keeping my mouth shut, but this is ridiculous. I get jumped on for being "unhelpful" when I told a member that maybe the iPhone wasn't the right phone for him....but it's okay for other people (including moderators) to post sarcastic remarks in a new member's thread?

That's not the way to keep members.

13. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

My thought process as a moderator: posting something which could potentially cause a fuss. Similarities between and Android vs iOS arguments.

In my opinion (and I'm not arguing) you don't write on an Apple associated forum that Microsoft is easier. You're just asking for an argument?! If I'm wrong, fair enough. My comment wasn't sarcastic.

14. FlwrPwer

FlwrPwer Evangelist
    Gold

We have to realize that there is a learning curve. And as I mentioned in earlier posts in this thread, this user was having some difficulty with an app yesterday. And let's face it, some of the apps are a pain in the butt to navigate. Facebook and AIM get worse and worse with each update. But not everybody realizes that an app is not the device and has nothing to do with Apple.

15. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I totally understand what you're saying. But do you see where I'm coming from?

It's hard to filter through the genuine trolls and people who are just frustrated.

On a lighter note, the Facebook app is shocking, it crashes all the time :(

16. FlwrPwer

FlwrPwer Evangelist
    Gold

I know what you're saying, John. I guess I am just a little frustrated that what is good for the goose, isn't good for the gander. I was jumped on for being "unhelpful" when I suggested to a certain "complainer" on these forums that maybe the iPhone wasn't a good fix. Now, I'm watching as moderators (and members) do exactly what I did and it's acceptable. I'm not sure I understand. Moderators should be held to a higher standard than us regular members.

17. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Can you please forward me these particular instances? It report them. As always, if you feel like something isn't justified please hit the report button.

:)

18. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Out of curiosity don't the moderators see the reports? As in if I report a moderator it gets answered by said moderator or another?

19. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Yes. If you report me for example; a report will be created and will be actioned by the first moderator which finds it. If required I could leave the report for another moderator to deal with so that it's not bias. If you have problems with a moderator, hopefully you would try to resolve the conflict first. If that doesn't work try speaking to another mod. If that fails, speak to Chris :)

20. FlwrPwer

FlwrPwer Evangelist
    Gold

I don't report because I don't want to start any problems. Let's be honest, the mods have their favorites. If I report one, I go down on the list. And honestly, I've been on these forums for 3 1/2 years. I would like to stay. :)