Disk Can Not Be Read ?

parmele99

Nov 11, 2007
i am having a syncing issue i try to sync my iPhone and i keep getting a error message that says "disk cna not be read or written to has anyone else had this problem ?

parmele99

Nov 11, 2007
i have updated i tunes the firmware on my phone and i am running windows xp.while i am syncing the phone with i tunes it will transfer about 4 songs then crash and give me a error "disk can not be read or written to" and i unplug it plug it back in and start all over but video or audiobook i can just forget it it wont stay syncing long enough for that so i took it to the Apple store the first time and he hooked it up to a mac and it synced about 200 songs just fine and told me it isn't a prob with the phone came home and updated everything on my computer and still no dice never could figure it out but next week i am goin to vegas and i really wanna put some video on the phone that i am supose to be able to put video on so i get pissed and go back to the Apple store and after 2 hrs of waiting they just give a new phone and say good luck ....pretty cool ..but i get ome and same issue so what am i not seeing .....? next step is burn my pc and buy a mac ...

manishk123

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
ohh and the phone is not jail broken and all the videos i have that i have tried to put on the phone are from iTunes
Try a different usb port. Worked for me for a few days, but eventually the problem came back... still suffering! have u sorted your problem?

Kevhaz

Mar 24, 2008
Had the same problem

I forgot to add i had the same problem, and yes i do have windows media center, I eventually had to install iTunes on a laptop I have running windows XP pro, now no problems. I think it is definitely a media center issue.

KevHaz

8gb iPhone
30gb ipod classic video

manishk123

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
I forgot to add i had the same problem, and yes i do have windows media center, I eventually had to install iTunes on a laptop I have running windows XP pro, now no problems. I think it is definitely a media center issue.

KevHaz

8gb iPhone
30gb ipod classic video
I'm using XP pro but still had this problem. Tried the suggestion reproduced below and its now sorted :) Anyone facing a similar problem pls try this:

"Ok so not to jinx myself or anything, but I may have found a solution to our problem! I did 2 things that could have fixed the error so you may want to do both before trying to sync anything again. First I rolled the driver back on the Apple Mobile Device. You can find this in the Device Manager, right click, properties, driver, roll back driver. After rolling the driver back, go back into the driver menu and click update driver. This ends the first task. The second task is to click start, then click run, type services.msc, right click on Apple Mobile Device, click Restart. This ends the second task. Now try syncing something that would normally cause the error. Hopefully you'll have no troubles as I have synced nearly 3 gigs of video in less than 5 minutes with no problems! Let me know if this helps..." this was submitted by Shane Brauer.

Cheers!

Edit: I didn't get a rollback driver option on right clicking, so i only clicked on update driver instead - still worked for me!

becka62

Feb 14, 2010
Engles, por favor?

I'm using XP pro but still had this problem. Tried the suggestion reproduced below and its now sorted :) Anyone facing a similar problem pls try this:

"Ok so not to jinx myself or anything, but I may have found a solution to our problem! I did 2 things that could have fixed the error so you may want to do both before trying to sync anything again. First I rolled the driver back on the Apple Mobile Device. You can find this in the Device Manager, right click, properties, driver, roll back driver. After rolling the driver back, go back into the driver menu and click update driver. This ends the first task. The second task is to click start, then click run, type services.msc, right click on Apple Mobile Device, click Restart. This ends the second task. Now try syncing something that would normally cause the error. Hopefully you'll have no troubles as I have synced nearly 3 gigs of video in less than 5 minutes with no problems! Let me know if this helps..." this was submitted by Shane Brauer.

Cheers!

Edit: I didn't get a rollback driver option on right clicking, so i only clicked on update driver instead - still worked for me!
I'm having the same issue with syncing and am desperate to solve the issue, but must confess to being an old dog trying to learn a new tech trick..... I hate to be 'that guy', but I have NO CLUE what you could mean by any of this! Apple Mobile Device? Do you mean the iPhone? I find NOTHING by that name anywhere on my Mac. Device Manager? Sounds like something on my ancient public school PC. Please to translate; I'd love to conquer my ringtone issue....
Thanks in advance!