Disk Locked Me Out!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rabanjr

Oct 3, 2007
Well I did it. Finally F'd up my phone. Never had an issue until now. I ran oktaprep and upgraded. Re-Activated and then tried to sync my Itune. Half of the songs sync'd perfectly and then I get this horror message:
Attempting to copy to the disk "username" failed. The disk could not be read from or written to.
WTF? I restored twice and on the same song it craps out. I then uncheck the song and it fails on the next. Like if the disk is locking it out. Did oktaprep do something to my disk? now I don't know what to do.
Just hope that it has happened before and that someone knows how to fix.
Thank you.
Allan

DJKneo

Oct 1, 2007
Honolulu
djkneo.deviantart.com
yes, I get the same error message as well, and I haven't run anything 3rd party on my iPhone...Id like to know a sollution to this as well -___-" I thought this new update would of fixed it, but it didn't...

Iv used every USB port on this desktop; still get the same errors, even when I sync it on my MBP "/ If no one knows a solution I might bring it over to Apple...see what they have to say about it...

Nov 12, 2007
Same Here?!

The same happens to me here. I thought for sure something was wrong with my phone, but them again the same thing happens with my wife's iPhone as well. It will load after consisent rebooting, removing the phone from the cradle... as still this does not always solve the problem. This was happening to my untouched 1.0.2 and now my modded 1.1.1. Help here?! Me too!

amximo

Dec 19, 2007
i just solved mine

here it is. i have the same exat problem with my iPhone 1.1.1and 1.1.2 but then i downgrade it to 1.0.2 and now its working fine. hope this will help you. and i know how fraustrated you are

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I have never had that happen. I am sorry you all have. Have you tried turning off the syncing of your music and let the phone complete it's sync with just the calendar, contacts, etc. then when it finishes sync again with the music? I am curious if the problem is syncing in general or specific to the music files.