Display of own number

Aug 20, 2009
I thought the iPhone 3gs was supposed to display your own number across the top somewhere. Mine doesn't, maybe it wasn't set up right or something. Any clues?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Mine doesn't show it in contacts but it could be either that I am on 3.1 beta or that my contacts are all from mobile me which is set up differently than them being only on the phone. Look under settings> phone> and you should see 'My number xxx-xxx-xxxx'

Update: RossMc is right, if you look in your phone app contacts you should see it. I was referring to the contacts app.

hitnrun

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Northern California
Mine shows up at the top and I am using MobileMe.

The number will only show up at the contacts list under the phone app, not the actual contacts app. Click Phone->Contact-> Then scroll up above the search field.

Aug 20, 2009
Oh dear. Still no show. I've tried all of the above and the number doesn't show in either the contacts app or the phone contacts. I am using MobileMe to sync, but it didn't show even before that.

The number is there under settings/phone/my number and I'm using version 3.0.1

Aug 20, 2009
Well I don't know what I did differently this time, but it is there now, if I scroll up above the search box on the phone contacts.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Eninety2

Silver
Jul 22, 2008
Don't know what the big deal was anyways, are you going to forget it?

Edit: that sounds a little antagonistic but I didn't mean it that way, is there a specific reason you need it there or it's just bugging you?

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Weird. I have Mobile ME, and if I go to the PHONE, then contacts, I see my number. But, if I go to Contacts, and scroll up, it's not listed. Odd, nonetheless, I'll remember it :)

Aug 20, 2009
It was just bugging me. I don't like to feel I'm missing out on something I should have!

I'm pretty good at remembering numbers and probably wont forget it anyway.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Once you click on your phone icon, then click the contacts tab...you will need to pull it down to see your number. Mine doesn't start with it on screen, it's hidden until I pull the contacts list down.