Display out problem

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by Colinmh23, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Colinmh23

Colinmh23 New Member

I have an iPad mini as well as an iPad 2 and iPhone 4S. All are jail broken and running 7.1.1.

Using the official adapters, all of the devices mirror the screen even if display out from cydia is not installed. On my ipad mini, where it is installed, the enable button has no effect neither do the aspect ratio sliders. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and it's still the same.

What's overriding the displayout tweak? In the recent pangu jaibreak, was screen mirroring included somehow?

I'm baffled. I want to make a full-screen presentation but have no idea how to get displayout working properly.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks guys.

Colin

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

So just to clarify, this works fine stock, but the jailbreak tweak broke the mirroring feature and it's still broken after you uninstall the tweak?

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

This might be a job for iCleaner, even though Display Out should be compatible with the version of OS mentioned.

4. Colinmh23

Colinmh23 New Member

I've tried icleaner, same result. To clarify, even with DisplayOut NOT installed, the screen is mirrored on to a tv with a lightning or regular adapter; I want to fill the screen with my presentation and when I do install DisplayOut, none of the buttons or sliders (to adjust aspect ratio etc) have any effect. Tried on all devices, on three separate TVs. Just connecting an HDMI cable mirrors the screen. Was that part of the pangu jailbreak? Scratching head here.....!!

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I've had similar problems with DisplayOut. It also caused problems with YouTube and other apps. I haven't needed to use it for years since we have mirroring stock now.

You can acheive what you need on a stock device, right? If so, since iCleaner isn't removing the preference files, you'll need to take more drastic measures. Try resetting all settings first. If that doesn't work you could reset the jailbreak to fresh with iLexRAT or restore. 8.1 is still being signed so you can rejailbreak afterwards. They will stop signing it soon since 8.1.1 is out.

6. Colinmh23

Colinmh23 New Member

With or without DisplayOut installed, I get screen mirroring.

I want to get full screen mirroring which DisplayOut offers, cutting out the black bars either side thanks to the adjustment sliders in the app.

I reinstall DisplayOut and it has no effect.

What's on my system that overrides it? Can I submit a log file or something?

Thanks for your patient help.

Colin

7. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Could you post a list of what you have installed through Cydia (or manually)? I doubt it has anything to do with the latest jailbreak as mirroring is clearly still working and all you require is aspect ratio control, right?

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It sounds like DisplayOut just isn't working properly. Have you verified with the developer that that particular feature is working on your firmware and device?

9. Colinmh23

Colinmh23 New Member

I've tried to contact him with no success. It's happening on all three devices I have. I might upgrade one to 8.1 and then re-jailbreak. It's seriously baffling!

10. Colinmh23

Colinmh23 New Member

I don't think display out is working on 8.1 yet. Do you know of any other tweaks that mirror the device full screen?

11. Colinmh23

Colinmh23 New Member

Ok, so on my main iPad i upgraded to 8.1 and re-jailbroke. Displayout is not compatible with 8.1 so that's NOT installed.

I plug in the Apple adapter to it and HDMI to my TV and the screen is mirrored yet again, letterboxed at 4:3 of course.

What's causing this? The only other major tweak installed is XBMC, but I've uninstalled that and still the same.

PLEASE HELP!!

12. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

4:3 is the aspect ratio of the iPad. Display Out gives the user customisable aspect ratio control, either wait for Display Out to be updated or use zoom functions on the monitor(s) you're using. I don't think anything is at fault here?

13. Colinmh23

Colinmh23 New Member

I'm sorry - I'm not explaining myself very well :-/

I updated my iPad2 to 8.1 to see if removing all tweaks would solve the problem of automatic mirroring when attached to the Apple adapter. It doesn't. I can't see where mirroring was officially supported for every screen in iOS7 or iOS8

My iPad mini - (still running 7.1.1, and my iPhone - running 7.1.1) support DisplayOut but something is rendering it useless as when connected via the Apple adapters, 4:3 mirroring is automatic and the sliders and enable/disable button on DisplayOut have no effect.

So I've yet to update my iPad mini and iPhone in the hope that I can pinpoint why DisplayOut is being over-ridden. As I've explained, an update to iOS8.1 should have removed whatever glitch is in the system but it hasn't.

I basically want a full screen display on three screens for a big Quiz Night I'm running this Thursday. I'm currently only using one TV at home to test and the inability to use DisplayOut is very frustrating.

14. Colinmh23

Colinmh23 New Member

SO - I've just updated my iPad to 8.1.1. Not yet jailbroken & set up as new iPad. Plugged in the adapter and 4:3 mirroring is enabled. I must have missed that Official announcement from at least iOS7 onwards. Still doesn't explain why on my 7.1.1 devices that DisplayOut doesn't work.......!

#14 Colinmh23, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014