DisplayOrder.plist corrupted?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007

So I was looking around in WinSCP and found DisplayOrder.plist. I haven't touched the file, but it looks like junk:
bplist00Ó'YbuttonBarXiconListWspecial¤
Ñ_displayIdentifier_com.apple.mobilephoneÑ _com.apple.mobilemailÑ_com.apple.mobilesafariÑ_com.apple.mobileipod¬!#%Ñ_com.apple.MobileSMSÑ_com.apple.mobilecalÑ_ com.apple.mobileslideshow-PhotosÑ_ com.apple.mobileslideshow-CameraÑ_com.apple.youtubeÑ_com.apple.stocksÑ^com.apple.MapsÑ_com.apple.weatherÑ _com.apple.mobiletimerÑ"_com.apple.calculatorÑ$_com.apple.mobilenotesÑ&_com.apple.Preferences¤(*,.Ñ)_com.apple.springboardÑ+_com.apple.fieldtestÑ-_com.apple.DemoAppÑ/_com.apple.MALogger
It's 738 bytes.

Downloading the "default" one from here:
http://www.hacktheiPhone.com/iPhone_springboard_modification.html

shows me that this file is 3 KB.

Did the format change with 1.01, or do I mysteriously have a corrupt file? Doesn't seem to affect anything...

BTW, all I've done is install SSH and VRecord so far...

SiLeNtKiLLa

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta

So I was looking around in WinSCP and found DisplayOrder.plist. I haven't touched the file, but it looks like junk:
It's 738 bytes.

Downloading the "default" one from here:
http://www.hacktheiPhone.com/iPhone_springboard_modification.html

shows me that this file is 3 KB.

Did the format change with 1.01, or do I mysteriously have a corrupt file? Doesn't seem to affect anything...

BTW, all I've done is install SSH and VRecord so far...
Yeah its corrupt, it happens sometimes, how? I dunno. Also, make sure when you copy it over, that it does read more than 0k, Sometimes that happens too me, I copy it over, reboot and nothing.

unknownentry

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Knoxville, TN
www.iphonesurge.com
Yeah its corrupt, it happens sometimes, how? I dunno. Also, make sure when you copy it over, that it does read more than 0k, Sometimes that happens too me, I copy it over, reboot and nothing.
So how, using SSH for Windows (Vista) would you get that file and others like it off your phone to your computer? I have tried it several times on different files and it doesn't work. It is just a bunch of gibberish when I try to open in Notepad or Wordpad.

SiLeNtKiLLa

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta
So how, using SSH for Windows (Vista) would you get that file and others like it off your phone to your computer? I have tried it several times on different files and it doesn't work. It is just a bunch of gibberish when I try to open in Notepad or Wordpad.
To be honest, thats just how its formatted when us windows users pull it, what I did was get the .plists or .strings that you want from some of the themes that you can download and modify that, its the same thing, but readable on your pc.

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
What bugs me is that I look at other plists on the phone and some are formatted just fine, and some just look like garbage.

I wonder if the default windows files for some of the plists are bad...

SiLeNtKiLLa

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta
I read over at hackintosh that you have to have some program to convert it from ASCII or something like that. I'm not going to worry about it though. ModMyiPhone has everything I needed.
Yeah, I've heard about this as well, as a matter of fact I think its an website, but a guy used it once, before using it, everything was fine, after using it, he had to restore....not sure what went wrong, but just an heads up.