Displex Display Polish and Scratch Remover

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
People, this is simple enough. Buy some of the stuff and use it on a window pane or a pair of old sunglasses first. If it works, BINGO - use it on your iPhone! My guess is if you have a scratch that is deep enough to feel with your finger, you won't be able to buff it out with compound and a rag. If you're really brave, you could try using jewelry compound and a polishing wheel on a Dremel tool...

Shunoo

Aug 14, 2007
People, this is simple enough. Buy some of the stuff and use it on a window pane or a pair of old sunglasses first. If it works, BINGO - use it on your iPhone! My guess is if you have a scratch that is deep enough to feel with your finger, you won't be able to buff it out with compound and a rag. If you're really brave, you could try using jewelry compound and a polishing wheel on a Dremel tool...
The jewelry thing is funny because I went to a jeweler and asked him about buffing out the scratch and he said he couldn't do it because the iPhone has such a large surface and the black trim would get in the way.

Unccpr

Mar 26, 2009
After looking all over the net I was unable to find anyone else who had ever used this product on an iPhone. I had an old iPhone that I no longer used and decided to test it on there first. I couldn't tell a difference, granted it was a large crack. The one thing I was most worried about was using this product on a touch screen which the bottle says not to do. My old iPhone worked perfectly after using.

Since it didn't affect usage I decided to go ahead and use it on the hairline fracture on my 3g. I could tell NO difference, and the pressure applied has seemed to make the fracture more visible.

I would love to hear other experiences.

bulls6pack

Bronze
Jan 27, 2009
Peoria, Illinois
I have a 1st generation iPhone, and there are tons of scratches on the metal backing. I had always wondered if the stuff you see advertised on tv by Billy Mays for car scratches would work? It's like a scratch eraser for cars.

Here's a link to the Fix It website, with a video to show how it works
https://www.buyfixit.com/ver36/index.asp

Last edited by a moderator:

Spikey911

Bronze
Oct 26, 2008
You may want to use Novus Polish..
Its a tried and true scratch remover.

Just an FYI, you will be doing much more rubbing because the screen is glass, not plastic..
Also remember, use the appropriate polishing cloth, its as important as the polish.