Distortion/volume: Did iRadio kill my speaker?

pixelator

Jan 2, 2008
A few days ago, I was using iRadio because the car I was driving had no working radio... I noticed that the volume was just about able to overcome the engine and road noise of a running car, which was great to take the edge off.

However, I started hearing it get really scratchy, distorted and generally much lower volume. I stopped using iRadio and now all my sounds are terrible... Tons of distortion and very low volume, like I've blown out the speaker. Is it possible to do that with iRadio?

I've done everything short of a full restore. I've used the various plists according to a couple of different threads and nothing has helped!

Do I need a new phone?

:(

pixelator

Jan 2, 2008
A follow up to anyone running iRadio: DELETE IT. It almost certainly was responsible for permanently damaging my iPhone speaker. I've got to go back to the Apple store today to exchange mine (for a 1.1.3, no doubt).

The devs of this app need to remove the volume enhancing plist or whatever they're doing, as I doubt I'm the first to attempt to listen at full volume.