DND moon greyed out during use, but not in the lock screen

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Rafagon, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I just noticed that my DND moon icon is greyed out on the home screen (and seemingly everywhere else), but it is displayed at full brightness on the lock screen. Does this mean anything?

image.jpg Greyed out

image.jpg Not greyed out

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I've noticed the greyed out moon on my home screen status bar as well. Seems like sometimes it is and other times not. Mostly is.

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I believe it's is greyed out and not active because you're using the device. Mine is set to go to DND at 10pm, but if I am using my phone after 10pm I will get all alerts, IM's, etc.. Soon as I lock my phone, no alerts / noises.

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

It's active and turned on, but the moon does not get lit up. It's like the screenshot Rafagon showed. If it's not active, it shows nothing. I think if it's turned on before the set time, it shows the greyed out moon. Then at whenever it's set to start it shows the lit up moon. Say you have it set to start at 10:00 pm. If you turn it on at 8:00 pm, it will be greyed out. Then at 10:00 pm it gets bright. But if it's turned on manually before 10:00 pm, it shows bright in the lock screen and calls, alerts will be silenced while locked. I need to start over. :D

#4 Ledsteplin, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Just turn it on for scheduled. Turn off manual. It will come on at the scheduled time you have set. If you turn it on before then, you will not get calls and alerts while the phone is locked. That's why it shows bright in the lock screen.

6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Ok, guess you didn't get what I was saying... Even if you turn it on manually and you are using your device it will not be active in DND mode because you are using the device. So it would show as being greyed out. Stop using the device by locking it & it will be active.
    If you do not want to be disturbed, why would you being using the device? ;)
    App won't let me quote other comments at the moment :(

#6 RoofMonkey, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Right. But if it's manual before the scheduled time, it works when the phone is locked. But not if the phone is opened.