Do any of you not like socializing all that much?

Aug 8, 2012

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
Ok that didn't help me at all. I'm ADHD, I love to think, be alone and daydream while I work on something. I love debating mostly politics and religion (doctrinal differences) and only like hosting parties, not much into attending them. I can talk to most anybody, not shy when speaking in front of a crowd and I tend to pull friends out of their shell.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Well, I don't really have the time or energy to read an article right now, but I can tell you that I'm a very moody person and consider myself an extrovert at times and an introvert at others. Sometimes I want to hang out, party, and enjoy time with company while at other times I feel like I'm better off staying at home in my room and watching tv shows or doing whatever.

I do know, though, that I prefer quietness and dark places over loud and bright ones. That doesn't mean I don't like to party because I do, but not too often, of course.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
OK normal has yet to be defined !
I believe there is a balance between the 2 what is healthy.
Also age is a big factor. If I was still single and 25 I'd be out and socializing a lot! Party if you will.
But I am 46 with a family. We enjoy doing things as a family and so we do.
We had moved A LOT and just recently we came here. So I have no BFF to hang with. And I do not need one either. I got my family ........hubby,son, 2 wirehair Dachshunds.

Lisacj

Bronze
Aug 25, 2012
Texas
After many bad experiences with my ex hub, I just can't handle being around drunks. Every muscle in my body tightens, I get nervous (not knowing when/if they are going to flip out) and I know I come across as a B, but I just don't have the tolerance for their stupidly.

That, added to the fact I work nights, plus I'm tryin to raise my 14yo with some sort of sanity.....I don't care to go anywhere. I do have some friends that make time for me w/o alcohol....but most peeps don't.

I so prefer escaping to my online friends (forums, pogo, ect). Conversations are usually light and
don't center around our jobs, kids, ect.

Have a nice day!
Love,
l

Sep 14, 2012
I think I am introvert too. I hate stay in noisy and crowded places, make me feel uncomfortable!