Do I camp out or go at 6am?

Daking618

Bronze
Oct 31, 2010
Miami Fl
I didn't get a chance to preorder my phone. And i get off at 12 tonight And I've never got a Apple product on the first day. So I was debating should I go to AT&T or Apple to get it. And should I camp out after I get off work. Or wake up at 5 and be there by6?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Depends on where you are located. There might be people camped out at your locations right now.

This is a hot phone, you might have to take off of work and camp out sooner than 12 tonight.

macscac

Bronze
Jun 17, 2009
Are people seriously going to camp for a faster processor/better camera?
don't get me wrong, i preordered one, but camping out for this seems odd

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I think 6 am would be good. I got to an AT&T store at 6 am in '08 to wait in line for a 3G and had no problem getting one, and that was before preordering was available.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I wouldn't camp out. Maybe go around 6. but that's just me.

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
If you don't get one tomorrow my suggestion is to wait until Saturday when they open. With every iPhone in the past, I have just walked into the Apple store the next day with no lines and have gotten an iPhone. Basically any reserved phone that is not picked up is sold the next day. You would be surprised how may they have the next day.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Yeah, you would think it would not be that popular, but it's a historical phone, in that, to our knowledge, and regular peoples knowledge, (even though reported that Steve and Crew have 4yrs worth of stuff planned out) it's not only the phone that was released after Steve Job's passing, it is the last iPhone he has worked on. It is the fastest iPhone to date with much better specs than its predecessor. There is Siri that you can't get on the iPhone4 or 3GS. And there are people who still have the 3GS.

That's a lot of stuff and then there are other reasons too. A lot of people don't want to wait it out for the iPhone5 they want this one now but couldn't preorder. Some people's $ wasn't right for that but they get paid on Friday and that is when they could get it.

Put all those reasons, and more, into a barrel and they overflow to where people, a lot of them, get the same idea and camping out ensues. Oh yeah, then you have the people who get it on Launch day every year and a little rain isn't going to stop them.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
If you don't get one tomorrow my suggestion is to wait until Saturday when they open. With every iPhone in the past, I have just walked into the Apple store the next day with no lines and have gotten an iPhone. Basically any reserved phone that is not picked up is sold the next day. You would be surprised how may they have the next day.
That's what I used to do. Never go on Launch Day always go the day after and I never had a problem. Never too long of a wait. A couple of boneheads in front of me who didn't pay their bill but insisted on getting an iPhone anyway. That was sad and funny. One guy was belligerent the other was bewildered.

Oh, and last year, the guy who was trying to steal from people waiting in line. We had become a shanty town community, although we were only there for a short time. We're watching each others pets, babies, bags whatever. People went on a breakfast run. We had a good time until this guy came around pretending that he was in line and tried to steal from us. The Apple security was on it and promptly removed him from the location. It was GR8!

Oh yeah, I guess I'm reminiscing. Good times, good times.....not this year! Preordered and will get it tomorrow.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, you would think it would not be that popular, but it's a historical phone, in that, to our knowledge, and regular peoples knowledge, (even though reported that Steve and Crew have 4yrs worth of stuff planned out) it's not only the phone that was released after Steve Job's passing, it is the last iPhone he has worked on. It is the fastest iPhone to date with much better specs than its predecessor. There is Siri that you can't get on the iPhone4 or 3GS. And there are people who still have the 3GS.

That's a lot of stuff and then there are other reasons too. A lot of people don't want to wait it out for the iPhone5 they want this one now but couldn't preorder. Some people's $ wasn't right for that but they get paid on Friday and that is when they could get it.

Put all those reasons, and more, into a barrel and they overflow to where people, a lot of them, get the same idea and camping out ensues. Oh yeah, then you have the people who get it on Launch day every year and a little rain isn't going to stop them.
I think you meant iPhone 6. The 4S is the iPhone 5.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
I think you meant iPhone 6. The 4S is the iPhone 5.
I was thinking that very thing when I tyrped iPhone 5. Technically, you are right, but do you think Apple might want to call their next phone the iPhone 5 anyway. It's sounding stupid as I type it, but yeah, why not, we put a man on the moon. :confused:

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I agree depending on where u live you should be fine. My att store has no extra staff on and doesn't expect a rush of any kind.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I was thinking that very thing when I tyrped iPhone 5. Technically, you are right, but do you think Apple might want to call their next phone the iPhone 5 anyway. It's sounding stupid as I type it, but yeah, why not, we put a man on the moon. :confused:
No, calling the sixth iPhone the fifth iPhone doesn't make any sense. I think they'll call it iPhone 6 or something else (anything but iPhone 5).

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
No, calling the sixth iPhone the fifth iPhone doesn't make any sense. I think they'll call it iPhone 6 or something else (anything but iPhone 5).
:confused: True. I did the count down, this is very true and makes sense. Logic prevails, man on the moon, not so much! :p

iPhone = 1st iPhone
iPhone 3G = 2nd iPhone just called the 3G for 3G coverage and speeds!
iPhone 3GS = 3rd iPhone faster
iPhone 4 = 4th iPhone rightfully named
iPhone 4S = 5th iPhone called 4S for Siri, Steve, Suckers, Speed. IDK the official reason for the S. :confused:
iPhone (6) = not sure what it'll be called but it'll probably be something in the lines of the 4G speeds, but NOT called 4G. Something more clever.

Oh Apple, you rascals! :D

Jodyw16

Bronze
Oct 9, 2011
I am coming from a 3g model and this is a huge upgrade for me. :)

Jodyw16

Bronze
Oct 9, 2011
And dude.. I would camp out. You are already up at midnight. It will be a lot of fun. I have always wanted to do that but I have a kid so I pre-ordered.:(