Do I get the iPhone now or wait?

jss92

Feb 1, 2009
First post and it's a dilemma - for me at least. OK, so I know this is a "no-win" game (of trying to get the latest and greatest) when it comes to electronics, but I'm eligible for an upgrade on my AT&T contract and was looking at the iPhone. Now comes "rumors" of an upgrade in the works. Do I wait or go ahead and pull the trigger? THANKS!

ihack

Bronze
Nov 7, 2008
Orange Park, FL
If it was me I would go for it. If a new one does eventually come out. iPhone hold there resale value very well!

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
I agree with ihack. Like cars, computers, tv's, etc, there is always going to be something better, faster just around the corner. The iPhone 3G in its current incarnation is a pretty amazing phone. While more memory, more speed etc, may show up in the near future I can't imagine that you wouldn't be satisfied with the current setup. I'm new to the iPhone and AT&T and I'm thrilled with my new iPhone. I had been using Sprint and was on my third Palm based Treo phone prior to making the switch. Glad I did. I also don't feel at this point that even if a newer model came out that I would be tempted to upgrade. I also agree that resale of your current iPhone would not be a problem if it came down to that.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
If you can wait until June that may be when a 'new iPhone ' is introduced. There will always be a 'new' one right around the corner. Unless there is some over riding reason go for it.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Whats the new info on a possible new iPhone?

Go to the main forum page and click on 'Future iPhones' or do a search and you will find more speculation that you could imagine.