Do I have a bad battery?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Drtydzn12

Nov 4, 2007
Last time I charged my iPhone was about 40 hours ago. And the battery is already at less than 10%. I checked info and it says 1 day 14 hour standby time, and 7 and a half hours of usage. Most of the usage is music. But I do occasionally play around with the Maps, Youtube, Stocks, and Safari features. While also text messaging with two friends. Only about 50 messages sent so far.

So I'm wondering, is this battery life normal? Or is it shorter than expected?

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Last time I charged my iPhone was about 40 hours ago. And the battery is already at less than 10%. I checked info and it says 1 day 14 hour standby time, and 7 and a half hours of usage. Most of the usage is music. But I do occasionally play around with the Maps, Youtube, Stocks, and Safari features. While also text messaging with two friends. Only about 50 messages sent so far.

You actually seem to have very good batteries. I have to charge my iPhone pretty much every day. Wifi, maps, edge, safari drain your batteries more than anything else.

eufo

Bronze
Aug 22, 2007
Miami

I'd say that's about right life expectancy of a full battery charge, if not even a little above average. I normally charge my phone every other night.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
i think the most accurate, yet time consuming, way to measure whether or not your battery is adequate is to leave it on standby for as long as you can and see how long it lasts - Apple says that it should last 250 hours on standby.