Do I have Battery Issues?>

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Stoldit

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
My phone still does not state any USage even though I fully charged the ipod. And how long does it take to fully charge it. My phone sits in the dock for several hours and it doesn't show a full charge.

motuser

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Does your phone have software version 1.0?
(Check: >Settings>General>About>Version)

Update to Version 1.0.1 and it should make it better. It seemed to fix it for me. It still gets a little weird when I plug it in "since the last full charge", but it is much better than before the update.

I get a full charge from 1/4 full in about 4 hours.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
The closer the iPhone gets to a full charge, the slower it goes for charging. At the last 5% it's almost a trickle charge. I tend to charge mine overnight if it starts getting too low. I always have a full charge in the morning. I also reset my usage before I undock, so I can track how much I am getting out of a full charge.

Stoldit

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
The closer the iPhone gets to a full charge, the slower it goes for charging. At the last 5% it's almost a trickle charge. I tend to charge mine overnight if it starts getting too low. I always have a full charge in the morning. I also reset my usage before I undock, so I can track how much I am getting out of a full charge.

Thats the problem. I still do not see usage statistics and when I grab my phone in the morning its not a full charge.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
At that point, I would contact Apple and get service/replacement.
Back up everything and call them,

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Have you run down the battery to where it says "please connect to power?"

One last thing to do before calling the dumb "tech support" at Apple (which got hired in a month) is to do a restore. If you still have issues after that, then go ahead and get a replacement.

Stoldit

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Have you run down the battery to where it says "please connect to power?"

One last thing to do before calling the dumb "tech support" at Apple (which got hired in a month) is to do a restore. If you still have issues after that, then go ahead and get a replacement.

Thank you guys. I will do what you suggested. if it still doesn't work I will drive a half hour to king of prussia and get it replaced. Screw mailing it in.

Stoldit

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Thank you guys. I will do what you suggested. if it still doesn't work I will drive a half hour to king of prussia and get it replaced. Screw mailing it in.

Well, Went to the Apple store, complained and they gave me a brand spanking new iPhone. Certainly fixed the issue. My battery is fulling charing now and showing the usage. :)