Do I have to buy iWork separate on each device? (Mac/iPhone)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Unless you have the new iPhone 5S, then it's free, but not really because you bought the phone. But it's free.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I recently restored as new, and Apple still wants me to pay.
Don't search for the apps. Instead click 'Featured', then select 'Pages. Numbers. Keynote' at the top of the screen. You might have to scroll to get to it. You can then download them for free from this screen:

image.jpg

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
It's so expensive... I think I will stick with office.
They mentioned that all the iWork stuff was fully computable with what they said is "everything" so does that mean if I have a file i created in office and the. Open it up in iWork it will look the complete same as in the past this has not been the case.

Sent using iCafe app

B89rent89

Bronze
Sep 19, 2012
Unless you have the new iPhone 5S, then it's free, but not really because you bought the phone. But it's free.
I have a 5S but Pages is $9.99. It's a free download on my iMac today with Mavericks installed. Not an upgrade, because I've never owned it before.

Sent using iCafe app

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Pages for iOS and OSX are two separate purchases. You should get iOS pages for free with your 5S, but not Pages for OSX (unless you just bought your iMac).

B89rent89

Bronze
Sep 19, 2012
Don't search for the apps. Instead click 'Featured', then select 'Pages. Numbers. Keynote' at the top of the screen. You might have to scroll to get to it. You can then download them for free from this screen:

View attachment 31501
Europa, did you own all three of these previously. Pages shows the cloud download icon, so you must have owned that. When I selected the three apps in Featured, Pages shows a price of $9.99. The other two show the "open" icon. Both were previously owned. Yes I'd have a 5S.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Europa, did you own all three of these previously. Pages shows the cloud download icon, so you must have owned that. When I selected the three apps in Featured, Pages shows a price of $9.99. The other two show the "open" icon. Both were previously owned. Yes I'd have a 5S.

Sent using iCafe app
No, Pages was the only one I had previously bought. I downloaded Keynote for free last night. I haven't downloaded Numbers yet so it still says "free."

B89rent89

Bronze
Sep 19, 2012
Pages for iOS and OSX are two separate purchases. You should get iOS pages for free with your 5S, but not Pages for OSX (unless you just bought your iMac).
Didn't happen that way. On the 5S Pages is $9.99. iMac is several years old. Just finished download of Pages on it. Never owned it on iMac before that. It was free. I'm wondering if I click to buy it at $9.99 on phone will it revert to this is a free download. Don't want to risk it.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Didn't happen that way. On the 5S Pages is $9.99. iMac is several years old. Just finished download of Pages on it. Never owned it on iMac before that. It was free. I'm wondering if I click to buy it at $9.99 on phone will it revert to this is a free download. Don't want to risk it.
Try logging out of the App Store Store, logging back in and then checking if it says "free" next to Pages.