Do I have to enter a password when downloading apps a second time?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by JWB, Jul 16, 2014.

1. JWB

JWB Member
    Bronze

Have a question. I downloaded apps then delete them then in the App Store I can download them again without a password. Is there a way to password protect them?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can download them again from the cloud. Downloading them again does not require a passcode on 7.x. You can password-protect individual apps on jailbroken devices, but there is no way to password-protect them on a stock phone. You just have to use the lock screen passcode lock.

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

For what reason? Protect them from what? Do you mean hide them so no one can see your purchased list of apps? You can't hide your purchased list. You can restrict anyone buying or downloading apps in settings, but they could still see the purchased list. And doing that would be trouble for you. Every time you needed to download an app, you'd have to unrestrict it in settings. Did that answer your question?

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

@JWB Before posting a new thread, please review our policy on forum quality guidelines, specifically as it pertains to thread titles. Please us a title that is descriptive. Thanks for your understanding.