Do I have to re-purchase my apps? What the heck?

Ibrahim Allaf

Bronze
Apr 28, 2011
Dubai, U.A.E.
berryracer.com
I restored my iPhone 5 because I was having a problem with it.

Only my settings/photos were restored from the iCloud backup but then I tried to install iPhoto it prompted me to buy it again. I thought the info of purchased apps is stored in my iCloud account this is BS if one has to repurchase his purchased apps everytime

am I missing anything here? On my previous Galaxy S3 I could completely wipe my phone as many times as I want all purchased apps are stored in my account

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
You can download App store apps as many times as you want for free. Make sure you're logged in with your Apple ID.

Ibrahim Allaf

Bronze
Apr 28, 2011
Dubai, U.A.E.
berryracer.com
I am logged in man. How do I access my previously purchased apps? Is there a place where I can see my previously purchased list of apps from the phone itself?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I am logged in man. How do I access my previously purchased apps? Is there a place where I can see my previously purchased list of apps from the phone itself?
Open the App Store and select the 'Updates' tab. At the top, click on Purchased. You'll see a list of purchased apps on your iPhone and those which are not.

Ibrahim Allaf

Bronze
Apr 28, 2011
Dubai, U.A.E.
berryracer.com
Open the App Store and select the 'Updates' tab. At the top, click on Purchased. You'll see a list of purchased apps on your iPhone and those which are not.
whoa! thanks a lot bro! that was so simple! I was like goin' through every app on App store previously and trying to remember what I had LOL

now I reinstalled them all in a breeze

cheers

AdamDaieh

Bronze
Jan 17, 2013
California
I was also having this trouble finding all the apps I've purchased. Thanks, I was able to find them now. :)