Do I have to update to 1.1.1 or can I stay with installed version?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 9, 2007
I was wondering with the new update that is giving everyone such problems if you have to update or can you leave it with the old updates.

Oct 9, 2007
plbecause i am planning on getting an iPhone soon... i'm glad i found these forums because most of the people on the forum to enjoy their iPhones. another question. is the phone that bad or do people just make it out to be bad?

like overheating and battery life sucking. and what should i watch out for when i buy one?

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
You can leave it with the old updates. iTunes asks you if you would like to update to 1.1.1 and all you have to do is reject.
yeah at least for now.. since 1.1.1 is already jail broken so that's mean the Gui for update to 1.1.1 soon will be release:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
because i am planning on getting an iPhone soon... i'm glad i found these forums because most of the people on the forum to enjoy their iPhones. another question. is the phone that bad or do people just make it out to be bad?

like overheating and battery life sucking. and what should i watch out for when i buy one?

People often exaggerate the extent of their displeasure. I am extremely satisfied with the iPhone which, like other technological devices, had its own shortcomings. The battery life is awesome, the screen is brilliant, the user interface is top-notch, the functions of a basic iPhone are amazing. The downsides are going to be the fact that there isn't MMS, Copy+Paste, Flash or Native Apple 3rd party apps. If you can live without those for the time being then the iPhone is going to satisfy you. I haven't had any problems with overheating myself so I can't really say how wide-spread that is. But the battery life, like I said before, blows other smartphones and PDAs out of the water.

Oct 9, 2007
thanks, i went to the Apple support forums and half of them hate it and complain. i have an old razr phone that i want to upgrade and the phone has what i want. but i was iffy with the whole update thing.. but it seems like i am going to go for one.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
The negative comments related to the newest updates are priamrily coming from those users who have chose to modify their phone in some way causing them, in many cases, to become inoperable. There have been a few reported cases of unmodified phones being affected but they are few and far between.

You should not worry at all about this unless you plan to do something that was not intended with your phone. You will have no regrets if you purchase it and use it with the functions that it comes with. Actually, I'm sure that you will LOVE it, just like many of us do!

Don't wait another minute, go get it! :)