Do I jailbreak my iPhone?

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
It depends. If you are happy the way it is then I'd just leave it alone. If you want to use themes to make your phone look/sound different than everyone else's then go for it. There are also lots of other very useful apps available to you when you jailbreak that you cannot get from the app store.

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Remember, Jailbreaking is 100% reversible, so if something happens, like Amigo said, just hit restore and it will be right back to stock.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Jailbreaking has come a long way and likelihood of bricking your phone is very remote. If anything goes wrong, you're in good and very helpful company here.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I was weary about jailbreaking my 3g and then I did it. I have to say that after jailbreaking, my battery life went down the hill. I tried restoring it, but unfortunately, it did not restore the battery life I had before the jailbreak. I eventually took the phone back to Apple and had it replaced under warranty.

I say, with 3.0, there really is no reason to jailbreak. I did it mainly to run AIM in the background, but now with push, I don't feel the need.

Just my .02

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
You could just try it and if you don't like it restore it back.