Do I need this iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad 2' started by library lady, Dec 27, 2012.

1. library lady

library lady New Member

I'm a disabled librarian and now I'm a writer. I don't travel much. I have a friend who carries her iPad to church because it is a lot lighter than a large type Bible. If this is all I'm going to use it for, is it worth it? As I said, I'm a writer and I have four books on my laptop. I also have a lot of pictures, letters and other documents. My husband got this for me for Christmas but I'm thinking it's pretty expensive just to use as my Bible. (I have a bad back.) It looks like an interesting toy but I think it's too expensive considering that would be my main reason for having it. Is it something I would use with my writing or should I take it back and get someone to carry my Bible for me? I'm afraid it's going to be useless for me.

2. runningbear30

runningbear30 Member
    Bronze

I am sure as time pass's you will find many other uses for your new iPad2.

3. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

There are MANY different apps for Bible study and the Kindle app is worth it so you can buy ebooks! Just think...you can carry an entire library of study tools and books on your iPad wherever you want! Couole that with the internet and youre all set! I'm a youth pastor and my iPad has become just about irreplaceable for me! :)

However, you also have to weigh the benefits. You can use a Kindle as a Bible and as a library as well...

Sent using iCafe app

4. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I purchased a bible program from Lardian.com. I like that it allows me to have different versions open or study notes and a bible open at the same time. To answer your question, I think that the iPad is really worth it you check email, surf the net, enjoy social media and like to write. I do use a keyboard if I have much to type. But you can get used to the on-screen keyboard.

Sent using iCafe app

5. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

You may want to consider the Mini iPad. I have both the iPad 3 and the Mini and despite not having the retina display I am using the Mini almost exclusively. It is much lighter and more convenient. I have several different versions of the Bible and use the Mini in my daily bible study.

6. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I have the iPad 3 and a Nexus 7. The Nexus is great, but it isn't as flawless as iOS.

I use my Nexus like you use your mini for reading and convenience.

Sent using iCafe app

7. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I love my nexus, this device made me a regular tablet user but I will give it up once the next gen iPad mini comes out, specially if it has retina.

Sent using iCafe app

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I tested the Nexus 7 for a while. It actually wasn't too bad a tablet.

9. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

I briefly considered the Nexus 7 but was satisfied with the Mini.

10. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

yes I actually love it! My only reservation is that it doesn't fit well on my Apple ecosystem. I do however use it every day, can't put it down.

Sent using iCafe app