Do i need to jail break?

james22

Dec 29, 2011
I have a iPhone 3gs i've just finished my contract with orange, and had it unlocked by them so i could go to giff gaff on the o2 network. i've brought what they call a goodie bag which gives me 250 mins calls, unlimited test and email. the phone and text work fine but when ever i need a data service i get a message saying i'm not subscribed to a data service.

being low cost giff gaff only have an online community, with altimated responses, thay insist its a problem with my handset. could it be i need to jailbreak it as well as unlock it or is it the same thing?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I have a iPhone 3gs i've just finished my contract with orange, and had it unlocked by them so i could go to giff gaff on the o2 network. i've brought what they call a goodie bag which gives me 250 mins calls, unlimited test and email. the phone and text work fine but when ever i need a data service i get a message saying i'm not subscribed to a data service.

being low cost giff gaff only have an online community, with altimated responses, thay insist its a problem with my handset. could it be i need to jailbreak it as well as unlock it or is it the same thing?

Since you've moved from Orange, check that you've got data on your new tariff with o2. You may or may not need to change your data settings on your phone.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey

Jailbreak and unlock are two different things. Jailbreaking or unlocking will not give you free data service.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
In addition if your phone works on o2 it doesn't need jailbreaking.

Thread moved to the iPhone section.