Do I need to purchase the extended warranty?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jacobjester

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas City, MO
I bought my iPhone in August, I have had no problems this far. When I purchased by ipod nan some time ago, all was well until the year was up and then the thing froze up all the time. With that in mind, I was wondering if I needed to purchase the extended warranty...do you guys think the investment is wise?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I bought my iPhone in August, I have had no problems this far. When I purchased by ipod nan some time ago, all was well until the year was up and then the thing froze up all the time. With that in mind, I was wondering if I needed to purchase the extended warranty...do you guys think the investment is wise?
Not for me. I can't imagine I'll be using the same iPhone for 3 years.

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Hell to the naw!

You know you're gonna get iPhone II...and if you somehow manage to resist that, you will definitely succumb to iPhone III.

And that, my friend, will certainly occur in less than three years. (iPhone II will happen in less than 6 months...)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I just had a portable dvd player replaced with a new unit because of the extended warranty I purchased. I'll be passing my iPhone down to my son when I buy iPhone 2.0, so the added protection of Applecare will definitely be worth it.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I just had a portable dvd player replaced with a new unit because of the extended warranty I purchased. I'll be passing my iPhone down to my son when I buy iPhone 2.0, so the added protection of Applecare will definitely be worth it.

Good point, same passing down, what does it cost?

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
If you bought the iPhone with an American Express card you get the year extension automatically (buyer assurance plan).

That's why I used my Amex.

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
You can go to the amex sight and see the details. Its included and a benefit.

Make the whole purchase on the card and the warrany is extended by a term of up to one year (i.e.matches the manufacturer warranty).

So if Apple is one year, amex extends a year

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
very True

Hell to the naw!

You know you're gonna get iPhone II...and if you somehow manage to resist that, you will definitely succumb to iPhone III.

And that, my friend, will certainly occur in less than three years. (iPhone II will happen in less than 6 months...)
I Do the same thing. you think your investing but once the iPhone 2 drops. your going to sell your iPhone just to buy the new one. Once you see the 3g speed the better camara Flash and other cool stuff(These are just things i dream of) You'll get rid of your iPhone in a heart beat.