Do Not Buy Magnetic Cases!

Jul 12, 2007
I've been using this one and love it !

I've been using this case from GizmoSkin ever since I got the phone on 7/6 and it has been fine. The case is not overbearing and the iPhone fits in it perfect. I also like the belt clip because it doesn't stick out very much at all, and swivels to let you carry it sideways too. I've been using it a lot and it hasn't even tried to come out of the case once. Very nice !

LINK:

http://www.gizmoskin.com/index.php?category=16&subcategory=68&product=111

pwone

Oct 2, 2008
i bought the new ipod touch this week and a magnetic case against my better judgment. as soon as it closes it freezes. music stops etc... its definitely the case and NOT the battery as the dealer suggested to me.

have i just wrecked my new toy? or do you think i'll be fine by tossing the magnetic case? any suggestions...

D-Wade

Bronze
Aug 26, 2008
Singapore
some says it's bad some says it's not,
what's the real verdict?

pwone

Oct 2, 2008
i don't know if it happens with every device. i am saying though that 100% my malfunction is caused by the magnetic case i used yesterday. i have a feeling that is why i don't see any Apple cases with magnets in them.

Feb 17, 2010
Please add my name to list of those that had problems with the magnetic cases. The only problem I had previously with my iPhone is the volume; even on it's highest level it is extremely low. However here is the list of problems I experienced because of the case.
1. The screen goes black during calls. You must remove the iPhone from the case to get it to work again.
2. When I select speaker phone it does not work at all.
3. The volume got even lower than before.
4. Completely disconnects calls.
I am just hoping it has not damaged my iPhone!

iBanana

Silver
Jan 15, 2010
United States
your screen goes black during calls when its up to your phone because of the sensors in the phone.

AT&T has some issues with calls being disconnected. they even have an app for it to report where you lost service.

jpm

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
I have been using a magnetic case for some time and I have never had a problem.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I've used them too with no problems on any of the versions of iPhones.